Got Caught Smoking by My Mom Watch

SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know smoking is bad for you.

You will only quit when you want to.

Right now, she has every right to be annoyed, what you are doing is against the law.

Once you're 18 it's your decision.

You can't quite smoking half-heartedly, you have to want to do it, to be blunt.

If this bothers you enough you would quit, but I don't see this happening - as it didn't last time.
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The solution here is to quit.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
my mom said she's gonna have a "talk" with me about my "future" after my exams

and she specifically said this talk is not about academics/career... i'm worried
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
she'l get over it, though i have say "lost all trust" kind of an over reaction.
Just tell her that it will be ok and that if your going to quit you will need her help
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
she'l get over it, though i have say "lost all trust" kind of an over reaction.
Just tell her that it will be ok and that if your going to quit you will need her help
I kind of agree with this.
I can't believe she slapped you though. :eek: No wonder you're looking for a smoke... Not that I promote smoking or anything.
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so let me get this right she's not sending u to uni cos u smoke? wow over reacting much?
Shéamais
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Smoking is bad, dude.
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Look on the brightside, at least you didn't get caught masturbating by her.
Shéamais
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
yeh could have been worse.
Decent_Jam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm sure things will work out for you in the long run, it's just right now things seem bad. Basically it's as simple as if you want to smoke then smoke, if you don't then don't. She might say those things now to get you worried like you are, she can sense she's loosing her grip on you, you are 17 afterall, when are you 18? Personally I don't know much as I've never smoked and never will, just don't see the appeal, music deals with my stress just fine!
kizer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People the OP is from a country where possession of over 1/8 Oz of cannbis can be punished by death. Totally different cultural background.

My advice - just don't smoke. Simply because it saps your health and wallet for no pay off. As for your mum, apologise (he broke the law..) and move on.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
I'm 17-yr-old guy....

I feel terrible! This is the second time I've been caught... It's 2 AM in the night here... I sneaked outside the house for a cigarette... Came back and found my mom sitting on the sofa waiting for me.... She slapped me in the face... She also said she's lost all trust in me... I feel sick and terrible ... I promised her I wont do it again..... I dunno what to do... PLEASE HELP!! What do I do to gain her trust back???
lol I'm so sorry but I burst out laughing at the bit in bold.

It's your own fault for smoking, you should deal with the consequences.

Though your mum shouldn't have hit you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
:eek:

i'd rather get caught masturbating than get caught smoking... at least my mom wont think i'm "harming" myself
jermay88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Your 17, and its legal. But if your scared of what your mummy will say why bother.
Yabasic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're 17, old enough to make the decision on whether to smoke or not. Just tell your mum that it's your life and like I said, you're old enough to make decisions like that. Smoking maybe bad for your health, but I think anyone from the age of 16 is mature enough to make the decision on whether to smoke or not.
phantom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hello,
I'm 17-yr-old guy....

I feel terrible! This is the second time I've been caught... It's 2 AM in the night here... I sneaked outside the house for a cigarette... Came back and found my mom sitting on the sofa waiting for me.... She slapped me in the face... She also said she's lost all trust in me... I feel sick and terrible ... I promised her I wont do it again..... I dunno what to do... PLEASE HELP!! What do I do to gain her trust back???
few i thought you were like 14 or something, its legal she cant exactly do anything about it but the only way of getting back her trust is to stop fullstop
Yabasic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by phantom)
few i thought you were like 14 or something, its legal she cant exactly do anything about it but the only way of getting back her trust is to stop fullstop
Isn't it legal for anyone to smoke? I know you have to be 16 to buy **** but I'm pretty sure you can be any age to actually smoke.

Anonymous, no offence but you must have an over-protective mum which is good for some instances but you're old enough to make decisions like that.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
wel i hope u stop smokeing as a result!! tis sooooo bad and guys dont find it attractive at all
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hello to all the people who said its legal in the last few posts : he's in a different country! its not legal there!
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What do I do to gain her trust back???
become intelligent and quit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (15)
19.23%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (34)
43.59%
Nope, not that interesting (29)
37.18%

Watched Threads