The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Russia feels vindicated as Iran tries to revert all of the good that democratic rule did for Hamas: stopping the suicide bombings for one thing! Iran: what do you have to say about this?
Reply 21
Singapore acknowledges the United States's perogative in sending trade with the PA to desuetude. Singapore will reconsider her relations with the PA in due course.
Russia, on the other hand, has set up an opposing pole to the US and EU by agreeing to give the PA lots and lots of emergency funding.

Link
Reply 23
Germany condemns Russia's action to support a terrorist organistation.
Reply 24
Brazil is considering it's own trade relations with the PA.
Reply 25
India is also considering it's own trade with the Palestinian Authority.
Israel is in agreement with the US's actions. The Palestinian Authority should not be dealt with until they renounce its violence and terrorism.

Israel condemns countries that are considering trading with the PA. Israel questions whether countries would also be willing to deal with the likes of Bin Laden too?
Reply 27
Uruguay (am I still Uruguay? Haven't been here in aggggges) thinks that the PA is hardly as evil as bin Laden, and didn't Hamas renounce violence? Anyways Uruguay might send some money Palestines (I mean the PAs..) way if it has any lying around.

Uruguay also wonders why some victims of suicide bombs in Israel have decided to sue... Natwest bank?
Reply 28
India feels that although Hamas may not be as evil as Al Qaeda, they are still a major terrorist group, and one with an intent of destroying Israel. Therefore, they should not be traded with until the renounce terrorism and accept Israel's right to statehood.
Syntax
Uruguay (am I still Uruguay? Haven't been here in aggggges) thinks that the PA is hardly as evil as bin Laden, and didn't Hamas renounce violence? Anyways Uruguay might send some money Palestines (I mean the PAs..) way if it has any lying around.

Uruguay also wonders why some victims of suicide bombs in Israel have decided to sue... Natwest bank?

Terrorists are terrrorists. Their motive is to kill. Israel regards that as evil.

Um..what?

brimstone
India feels that although Hamas may not be as evil as Al Qaeda, they are still a major terrorist group, and one with an intent of destroying Israel. Therefore, they should not be traded with until the renounce terrorism and accept Israel's right to statehood.

Israel strongly agrees with this statement but is somewhat confused as to why India previously said that it is considering setting up its own trade with the PA.
Reply 30
gemgems89
Israel strongly agrees with this statement but is somewhat confused as to why India previously said that it is considering setting up its own trade with the PA.

India previously stated that we were considering our own trade, meaning we were considering with to stop it or carry on with it. We have now decided that, for the moment, Indian trade with the Palestinian Authority will be continued.
brimstone
India previously stated that we were considering our own trade, meaning we were considering with to stop it or carry on with it. We have now decided that, for the moment, Indian trade with the Palestinian Authority will be continued.
Israel urges India, a dear friend of ours, to withdraw trading with the PA to show your support of Israel's opposition of terrorism.
Reply 32
México has decided to halt any trade with the PA after much consideration. Whilst México remains partisan to the situation in the middle east, it cannot with good conscience associate with a government known or suspected to be involved in terrorism.
paddylad
México has decided to halt any trade with the PA after much consideration. Whilst México remains partisan to the situation in the middle east, it cannot with good conscience associate with a government known or suspected to be involved in terrorism.
Israel graciously applauds Mexico for finally seeing sense.
Reply 34
Germany would also like to urge India to stop aid to the PA. We will try to persuade your PM on this issue on his visit to our nation this week. (http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1676146,00050003.htm )
Reply 35
gemgems89
Israel is in agreement with the US's actions. The Palestinian Authority should not be dealt with until they renounce its violence and terrorism.

Israel condemns countries that are considering trading with the PA. Israel questions whether countries would also be willing to deal with the likes of Bin Laden too?

If Hamas renounces terrorism will Israel also renounce their campaign of state sponsored terrorism and murder? And in what way is Bin Laden linked to the PA? Stop spreading lies and misinformation.

Syria condemns the decision of the US and praises Iran for giving £50 million in aid to the Palestinians.
Has there been any US response to the Russian offer of an awful lot of money to the PA? Doesn't this scupper (even further?) the cooperation that is urgently needed if the P5 are to reach agreement on the Iran question?
MMA
If Hamas renounces terrorism will Israel also renounce their campaign of state sponsored terrorism and murder? And in what way is Bin Laden linked to the PA? Stop spreading lies and misinformation.

Syria condemns the decision of the US and praises Iran for giving £50 million in aid to the Palestinians.

Israel does not appear to know what sponsored terrorism and murder is being refered to. If you mean the killing of terrorists, then yes, Israel will stop killing them once they have turned into normal people.

Hamas and its terrorist counterparts are well known for operating from Syria. Israel would like to know when Syria would be disbanding the terrorists that operate from your country.

Laden is not linked to the PA. If Syria bothered to understand the point that was being made, it would realise that it was simply a comparison in that the same way that countries wouldn't deal with Al Quaida terrorists, they shouldn't deal with Hamas terrorists.
While I appreciate Israel's concern, the mere existence of terrorists in a country doesn't mean that country supports them. Otherwise both the UK and Ireland would be in exactly the same boat as Palestine.
Agent Smith
While I appreciate Israel's concern, the mere existence of terrorists in a country doesn't mean that country supports them. Otherwise both the UK and Ireland would be in exactly the same boat as Palestine.

It isn't quite the same, I'm afraid. Syria haven't exactly made efforts to counter terrorism, whilst other non-Middle Eastern countries (except Israel) have. It is well known that the Syrian government supports these branches.

There were news articles on it a while ago but I do not have them to hand at the moment I'm afraid!!!