Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help! I declined my French AS grade but now I want it. watch

    • Thread Starter

    Can I do that? What would I do? Do I need to pay anything?

    This is a blurb from my school's exam website:

    Declining grades

    * If you are dissatisfied with an AS or A level grade, you have the option of declining it. This means that you have no qualification to declare in that subject (for example, on university application forms) and it will not be mentioned on any certificate. Individual unit scores, however, cannot be declined: they remain available to be counted towards an AS or A level qualification in the future. Having declined a grade, you are at liberty to change your mind and accept it – or a better grade, if a re-mark has effected an improvement – at a subsequent examination session, even without re-sitting any of the contributing units.

    Hope that puts your mind at rest!

    Just cash-in again this June for AS French. Your unit results from whenever you sat the papers are still available, so by cashing-in again, you'll get the same grade (assuming you didn't resit any units)
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.