Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My hair watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Went a little (ok, a lot) wrong.

I had highlights today and a cut. As per.

I asked for it "blonder, but not bleached all over" than I usually have it.

The result is...like, platinum. It's *really* *really* blonde, I'm actually quite embarassed

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    It'll fade! The colour is always really bright for the first week and then it dulls down how awful does it look....? is a bin bag too extreme :P

ReputationRep:
    It's almost white.

I look sooo gay

ReputationRep:
    you could dye it yourself, like back to the natural colour or darker?

ReputationRep:
    shave it. or wear a hat.

ReputationRep:
    or cover it with a pashmina or silk scarf and accessorise with some big sunglasses- super glamorous

ReputationRep:
    shave it? eeww

ReputationRep:
    oh whoops, you're a boy! forget my advice haha

ReputationRep:
    See what happens after a couple of washes *hopefully* it will fade! My friend got highlights put it and on the first day they were bright red, but the colour did fade

Groseille, I thought you were just trying to be funny :P

ReputationRep:
    Just had the exact same prob! I just got my hair highlighted last week after going pretty dark and it scared me so much! It was barbie blonde, everywhere but the back, and there was hardly any of my chestnut locls left! But it does fade, the colour was still coming out in the shower this morning and it looks way better!

Id go to the hairdresser for a consultation before you dye it, as if they used bleach it could go horribly wrong if you dye it yourself and so soon after it was done.

ReputationRep:
    if the colour is not what u were expecting u shud go back to the salon and ask them to correct it - most should do this free of charge, and they really should, i had mine done at hair cuttery in harrogate and i have naturally dark ash blonde hair, i asked for it to be naturally lighter and they did it white blonde streaky whihc looked TERRIBLE - simple as, ring them up and say u r not happy, dont try and correct it yourself as it will probs go more wrong as it has just been coloured

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.