Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried to talk after inhaling the air of a helium balloon? Its supposed to change your voice into a sqeaky one...

ReputationRep:
    Some friends of mine did this. It really works, but I hear it's not good for your health...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha yeah its quite funny!!
    but its not meant to be good for you!!
    but very effective!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did it, can have very funny effects, especially if you try to sing after inhaling it (but as said bove- it isn't too good for you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeris)
    but I hear it's not good for your health...:confused:
    So is smoking and drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brooklyn123)
    So is smoking and drinking
    Right... I don't get why you said this. I don't do either.

ReputationRep:
    why is it bad for your helath..i've done it before its so funny considering i have a deep voice it was surprising to hear me speak like a girl lol

ReputationRep:
    I want to try it, but I don't know where to buy them from. Anyone know any place or website that sell these?

ReputationRep:
    Helium is an inert gas, it is not dangerous to your health.

However, it is dangerous in regards that you can displace the oxygen in your body, which can result in death if the person is unconscious for long enough (death of brain cells etc).

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine did this not too long ago and it was pretty funny. I seem to have a strange... let's call it a gift, that I could immitate the guy's voice even without inhaling any helium. Maybe I should be worried about my voice chords :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Who hasn't?

ReputationRep:
    it is soo much fun. on my 18th i asked my mama for them hehe , i went a little crazy with them at my bros b-day party.

ReputationRep:
    So what exactly are the bad health consequences?
    Edit: just read above messages. Okay. Got it.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium
    don't ask...

ReputationRep:
    So according to Wikipedia, as long as you're inhaling from balloons you should be fine. Just don't inhale too much.

It's hilarious though.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.