Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Being so mature at that age isnt such a good thing, and theyre probably ahead of you in many other aspects of life.
    Like? Being complete morons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    It so hasn't done the opposite. My sis is now at school doing A-levels, and has found that she is considerably more... mature and wise than everyone there.
    I'd put that down to up bringing. School does help you know about the big bad world and who is waiting out there!

And i think it broadens social skills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    I'd put that down to up bringing. School does help you know about the big bad world and who is waiting out there!

Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)

You don't need to go to school to know about the big bag world and who is waiting there, you know! Believe me, I have had plenty experience of the big bad world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Like? Being complete morons?
    And its plainly obvious already that the fact that you havent been to school as made you into someone who thinks theyre superior than those that have been to school - thats quite a naive point of view to have on life - whos less mature now?

ReputationRep:
    And its plainly obvious already that the fact that you havent been to school as made you into someone who thinks theyre superior than those that have been to school - thats quite a naive point of view to have on life - whos less mature now?
    stop it narb

ReputationRep:
    Besides, you learn from different people who have a different way of veiwing thinhs, therefore you have a wider opinion and get all sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    stop it narb
    Stop what?

ReputationRep:
    Stop what?
    being argumentative

ReputationRep:
    being argumentative
    Is there any particular reason I should be listening to you?

ReputationRep:
    I do not think I am superior to anyone, it's just that my experience of people who go to school are generally rather immature, and I am sick of people being unpleasant to me because I was taught at home and acting like they are the most knowledgeable, better people than those that are taught at home, and according to many people, a social outcast and a complete weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I do not think I am superior to anyone, it's just that my experience of people who go to school are generally rather immature, and I am sick of people being unpleasant to me because I was taught at home and acting like they are the most knowledgeable, better people than those that are taught at home, and according to many people, a social outcast and a complete weirdo.
    I don't disagree with you but I think it depends on the person, I know I and most of my friends were very mature at an early age in school and there were many who were not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Its just my personal opinion that people who go to school are better equiped for life - no need to get so defensive. And I dont know what kind of experience youve had with people who go to school - are you sure youve been talking to people your age and not the year 7's ?

ReputationRep:
    Its just my personal opinion that people who go to school are better equiped for life - no need to get so defensive. And I dont know what kind of experience youve had with people who go to school - are you sure youve been talking to people your age and not the year 7's ?
    Uh-huh. And I've 'been talking' to plenty of people a lot older than me too. And if you had had the kind of bullying and unpleasantness I have had for being taught at home, you would get pretty defensive too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedguy234)
    OK, here iz my dilema. I got sum girlz numba at a club and den a few dayz l8r txted her 2 ask how she iz etc. Her reply woz 'I didnt know you got my number'. What does she mean by dis - it is obvious i did get her numba, what a stupid question. What does she mean?
    Look sonny, you're not texting now so quit it with the txt spk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Uh-huh. And I've 'been talking' to plenty of people a lot older than me too. And if you had had the kind of bullying and unpleasantness I have had for being taught at home, you would get pretty defensive too.
    Bullying and unpleasentness? Im sure its just harmless banter - youd know more about that if you went to school.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any particular reason I should be listening to you?
    no

ReputationRep:
    no
    yes - kate is a very nice person and very knowledgeable

ReputationRep:
    Bullying and unpleasentness? Im sure its just harmless banter - youd know more about that if you went to school.
    You haven't got a clue. We had to move house because we were bullied so much where we used to live. You are sadly jsut proving youself to be another person who goes to school that is narrow-minded and thinks they are better just because they go to school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    You haven't got a clue. We had to move house because we were bullied so much where we used to live. You are sadly jsut proving youself to be another person who goes to school that is narrow-minded and thinks they are better just because they go to school.
    Why were you bullied?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.