The Student Room Group
I don't actually have that many lectures, about 6 or 7 a week, but I have probably an afternoon of labs a week. None next term though, bt lots of revision instead!! I find even if I've hardly got any timetabled hours, I get so much work to do outside lectures anyway that it doesn't make any difference.
I have 3 x 1 hour lectures a week and 3 x 1.5 hour seminars.
Reply 3
I had four hours of official classes a week this year, all on Monday afternoons for some reason...

I would have had more though, only I chose to do two dissertations, which take up two of my four units.
last term my maximum was 22 contact hours a week. insane. that includes a 10 til 4 lab (which was pleasantly followed by 2 lectures). Ermm, 4 9ams and 1 10am. When my labs were over (halfway through the term) that went down to a pleasant 14 odd hours as i also had one less lecture module.

So had lectures, labs, one tutorial and two seminars a week. I do physics. Don't do physics. However (yes there is a small however), outside lectures i did almost no work, except sunday evening when i did a couple of question sheets and a lab report.

Though as I sit revising for a couple of exams i've got next week, i now realised i should have done more work outside lectures.

Physics = joke. especially when you've got a couple of girls doing early childhood studies just down the corridor who seem to do..... lets say.... very little.
Reply 5
I do archaeology at Exeter and have about *counts on fingers* 9 hours of lectures this Semester, last Semester it was 10, in the First year I think it was about 11 - 13 (can't actually remember). I do have seminars as well, it depends on the lecturer as to whether or not they allocate extra time for them or substitute lectures with them.

I do have a three day weekend at the moment (Monday off) but I also work part time so my free time gets taken up. Plus depending on module there is plenty of work to keep me going outside of lectures that I have to do. :smile:

ETA : There are also field trips etc that take up extra time. Metllurgy this semester the lecturer expected us to keep two full days free for some practical bits (the lecture is normally only three hours) but we won't begrudge her because they were good fun!
Reply 6
Have about 5 hours a week,more when it is seminar week. Have every Friday off.:smile: I do Music at Bangor.
this year had 3 days a week 9-5 lectures, rest was mixture of lectures/tutorials etc
december had a month of clinicals, meaning getting up at 6 to get to a hospital where drs ignore you and ure asking pts questions that they've heard a million times before, getting home at 7 knackered...as u can tell i had the best time on my placement...
xx
Reply 8
I have at the least 18 hours per week and at the most 30.

and quite alot of work to do aswell,.
Reply 9
I do 12 hours a week. I have a one hour lecture and a one hour seminar for each module. I get Mondays off and so its spread over the other four days so my days arent too busy.
3 x 2 hour lectures + 3 x 1 hour seminars = 9 hours a week. Always lovingly scheduled so we get minimum 4 day weekends (both semesters :biggrin: )

History & Political Science @ Ulster
Reply 11
I had four English lectures and two Politics lectures, plus a 1.5 hour English seminar and an hour long Politics one, so 8 1/2 hours in all, with seminars monday morning and friday afternoon :mad: Next term I think I only have 2 lectures and one or two 1.5 hour seminars, so between 3.5 and 5 hours. Probably do about 20 hours work outside contact hours too, give or take a few depending on other commitments.
Reply 12
Last semester I had 24 hours of contact time per week. This semester I have a slightly easier timetable - only about 15 hours. :smile:
Reply 13
*thinks* 6 hours a week mostly - that's 2 lectures, 1 seminar and 2 Latin classes a week. On alternate weeks I have a Classics seminar as well, so at most I have 7 hours a week.

*prepares to duck flying rocks*

Latest

Trending

Trending