This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Brilliant performance by Arsenal. Portmouth played ok, and I thought that they did deserve to have that consallation goal. It was just that Arsenal totally outplayed them in attack. We played superbly, and could have scored many more. I was just upset that Reyes didn't score the goal he so deserved, and that Henry didn't complete his hatrick.

Arsenal for the treble (or at least the double)!!!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Brilliant performance by Arsenal. Portmouth played ok, and I thought that they did deserve to have that consallation goal. It was just that Arsenal totally outplayed them in attack. We played superbly, and could have scored many more. I was just upset that Reyes didn't score the goal he so deserved, and that Henry didn't complete his hatrick.

henry is undoubtedly a great player, but i sometimes hate the way he does all this ' rrreff wrhhat arre u talkin bout? i neverr did nething to im!' and then he acts all innocent, why cant he be more like reyes and keep quiet :cool:
bcr8iv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)

I wish I could perform a few african rituals on arsenal fans!!!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I felt so sorry for Portsmouth! the crowd were brilliant according to my cousin.
slim786
Report 16 years ago
I must congratulate Arsenal on a great performance. I haven't seen a team play that well in a long time. I just wish Newcastle had players like Henry at there disposal.
Cord
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Portmouth played ok, [/COLOR]
Pfft, yeah... like they always do! (sarcastic by the way)
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I felt so sorry for Portsmouth! the crowd were brilliant according to my cousin.
Yup, the crowd were amazing, I think even thierry Henry praised them. They were still in brilliant voice when 5:0 down, and were in full voice right till the end!
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mate (a Millwall fan) has branded Arsenal fans as scum, as apparently they hardly made a peep all game whereas the Portsmouth fans were brilliant. He hates how they're so lucky to have such a great team and not even give them the level of support they're merited. I'd agree that Arsenal fans are by no means the world's best, but even for my mate calling anyone scum is a big statement...
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Even worse, we lost to the paddies
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
My mate (a Millwall fan) has branded Arsenal fans as scum, as apparently they hardly made a peep all game whereas the Portsmouth fans were brilliant. He hates how they're so lucky to have such a great team and not even give them the level of support they're merited. I'd agree that Arsenal fans are by no means the world's best, but even for my mate calling anyone scum is a big statement...
rich coming from a millwall fan - need i say more - COME ON YOU GUNNERS
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anyone finding henry getting abit arrogant? i do believe that he is the best in the world, and he has sky high confidence. I really think he should stop acting so much.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
rich coming from a millwall fan - need i say more - COME ON YOU GUNNERS
What's so bad about them? Yes I'm aware of the racism accusations but the problem's no worse for Millwall than any other club.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's so bad about them? Yes I'm aware of the racism accusations but the problem's no worse for Millwall than any other club.
hmm - racism, thuggery, the list could go on ... and Wise is their manager - they are trouble no doubting it
slim786
Report 16 years ago
It's no surprise Henry is arrogant considering Arsene Wenger himself is arrogant. Remember last season when he said Arsenal could go all season unbeaten.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm - racism, thuggery, the list could go on ... and Wise is their manager - they are trouble no doubting it
Could say the same of West Ham and the ICF, but you hear none of it as they were Premiership of course...
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Could say the same of West Ham and the ICF, but you hear none of it as they were Premiership of course...
well fair enough - truth is all football clubs have trouble with racism - even birmingham and leicester with such large ethic populations
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)

Who are the Gooners? Is that a variation of their nickname?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i repeat for him, what is the problem
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
your mate is a ****

Arsenal were breathtaking again, Henry is just too cool, and some of the passing football was superb to watch.

Credit to the pompey fans who sounded magnificent
Mxx
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Being a Geordie I wouldn't normally say this. ...but how :cool: are Arsenal? - They just look a class above anyone else at the moment and are a pleasure to watch from a neutral point of view!

Manchester United (when they are on top form) are also a pleasure but there’s something about Arsenal that takes your breath away, as opposed to the battling well worked play/goals (and those last minute ones :mad: ) that Man U provide.

I’m even more so impressed with the Portsmouth fans, they earned themselves great respect at their reactions and constant singing in that game. Was a good advert for English football and the FA cup.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
38.3%
Take autumn exams (18)
38.3%
Look for a job (1)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.13%
Take a year out (6)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads