This discussion is closed.
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
from this post on another forum it sounds as if some of the pompey fans are not as great as we thought:

"Comfortably the worst stadium I've been to in terms of facilities, and if you consider lining the streets hurling bottles, glasses etc at the away support as they go to the station a sign on of great support, then yes, Pompey are second to none"

always idiots that have to ruin it
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
your mate is a ****
Yeah I know that doesn't make it untrue though...

Saw MOTD, United in attack were just amazing and so pleasing to watch! Our defence needs to get it together but the attack was on song today. Ronaldo was not just a thorn in Fulham's side but he put fear into them. Ruud can expect great service from him next season as I think he'll play more. If we can introduce a young'un to light a fire up Giggs then we might be the most potent attck next season.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
back from pompey, never going to be able to start threads on Arsenal.
They call that a premiership ground? The reason we stopped singing was that at 5-0 the game was over, we were soaking wet and we couldn't create an atmosphere because there was no roof. We were singing up until the game was killed off, but lets face it they needed the 12th man more than we did. Its the only all non-smoking all seater stadium where you can stand up throughout, smoking all you want - which was nice.
Hats off to the pompey fans, they were class and sung throughout their mauling, probably because they knew if they got anything from the game it was a bonus and losing a cup tie to them isn't very important at the moment. Still even though they made a lot of noise, they had a repetoire of 2 songs: one with no words to the tune of the great escape (saying "portsmouth" at the end) and 'play up pompey, pompey play up' which got extremely annoying.
Still on the pitch we were superb. Only when we took off our main players did Pompey ever get possesion, and we all knew the cnut Sheringham would score.
Great result. If we're drawn with yoonited then we'll knock you out at Villa Park, if we're drawn with anyone else then I guess i'll to trudge upto Mould Trafford, tho I'm not going on the train if its against Millwall.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
from this post on another forum it sounds as if some of the pompey fans are not as great as we thought:

"Comfortably the worst stadium I've been to in terms of facilities, and if you consider lining the streets hurling bottles, glasses etc at the away support as they go to the station a sign on of great support, then yes, Pompey are second to none"

always idiots that have to ruin it
to be fair i didn't see any probs at the station, tho it was funny watching the police evict pompey fans who were gesturing that they were going to slit out throats. I think this was in about the 10th minutes, so they got their moneys worth.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
to be fair i didn't see any probs at the station, tho it was funny watching the police evict pompey fans who were gesturing that they were going to slit out throats. I think this was in about the 10th minutes, so they got their moneys worth.

I put a reasonable sum of money on Arsenal to win the title at 10 to one on today. You had better not let me down Danmushman and co now.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I put a reasonable sum of money on Arsenal to win the title at 10 to one on today. You had better not let me down Danmushman and co now.
10 to 1 on. fair nuff, but i would maybe bet on longer odds, like doing the double.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads