The Student Room Group
You can get those strips in most places...I recommend the Superdrug Tea Tree ones as they are cheaper and far stickier than the other ones and rip half a layer of skin off along with all the blackheads so they must work :biggrin:

I did read a few years ago that rubbing a cut tomato on them was supposed to tighten your pores but you'd need to get the little blighters out first.
Reply 2
lol Thanks, i'll check that out. How much though:frown:
Reply 3
the superdrug ones are only about £1.50-£2 i think.
Tarts_n_Vicars
You can get those strips in most places...I recommend the Superdrug Tea Tree ones as they are cheaper and far stickier than the other ones and rip half a layer of skin off along with all the blackheads so they must work :biggrin:

I did read a few years ago that rubbing a cut tomato on them was supposed to tighten your pores but you'd need to get the little blighters out first.

Heehee, I use those too, they really kill when you take them off though, more so than other brands!
You could also try getting a professional facial, I was thinking of doing that so they can deal with the stupid things!
Yeah the Superdrug ones are best by miles aren't they?! The Biore ones are like the weedy younger brother of the powerful Superdrug ones lol. They're usually about £3.75 a box (holds 6 I think) but they're on special offer a lot so I stock up when they're on the £1.99 deal. They're in a bright green box near all the spot creams etc :biggrin:

I totally recommend facials, they are fab and your skin glows after. In fact I've booked one for next week while I'm home for the hols!
Just use your fingers (squeeze) and then put antiseptic lotion/cream on after - with alcohol in. If you cant do it - or dont want to find a friend or go to a salon.
Haha! What fun - have a friend pop your spots :biggrin:

Try a mix with milk, turmeric and gram flour. It's a gentle exfoliator which can be used several times in a week. Or, grind some oats and mix them with milk and a bit of lemon juice. Leave on for 10 minutes then gently rub in a circular motion.
Reply 8
Clearasil. The really cleansing one. Or the Apricot Scrub by that Swiss company. You know what I mean? Thats really really good :smile:
Body Shop sells blackhead remover tool for 50p! Its this piece of metal with a little hole in a hoop type thing (think of a teaspoon, but much thinner and longer!). You press the hole over the black head and push hard... and out comes the blackhead! It hurts a lot, and not very good if you have a whole nose of blackheads but you might want to consider it anyway!

Lou
xxx
I've found that nothing works. I've got loads of blackheads on my nose. But, doesn't everyone?
Wouldn't the blackhead remover result in scars?
Reply 12
Yeah I had one, it's horrible and doesn't work - cos it only works on areas like middle of the chin and just under the nose, because you have to press realllly reallllly hard, so it just doesn't work on any 'squishy' areas where there's no resistance (ie bones lol!) You could try one as they're cheap but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Mind you I don't find the strips really work either....sigh :-(
Reply 13
anyone got any good products for getting RID of spots? i've tried LOADS of things and my skin just looks really not spotty but warn out. like that isotrexin or whatever gets rid of greasiness well but the spots are still there. :frown:
Reply 14
A face steamer - you can get cheap ones for about £6. You just put a bit of water in the little "hole", turn it on, it heats up, stick your head in the plastic mask thing, put a towel over your head an steam away :biggrin:
Reply 15
Ohh! Lush do some fantastic face masks which work. Brazened Honey is good for tired out or mature skin. Mask of Magnaminty is good for dirt and grime. And there's a chocolate one which is great forr teenage skin. I think it's called cupcake or something..
The spoon thing does work on noses! Well it does on mine anyway! Just be careful- i once gave myself a hurrendous nosebleed by pressing so hard on my nose!

Lou
xxx
sparkly_tiara
Body Shop sells blackhead remover tool for 50p! Its this piece of metal with a little hole in a hoop type thing (think of a teaspoon, but much thinner and longer!). You press the hole over the black head and push hard... and out comes the blackhead! It hurts a lot, and not very good if you have a whole nose of blackheads but you might want to consider it anyway!

Lou
xxx

they cost £3.50 in the body shop near me :frown:
Reply 18
Hayley_2k4
they cost £3.50 in the body shop near me :frown:

Supply and demand Hayley... there's obviously a lot of blackhead-ridden teenagers round about Tiara!

Damn I need to treat those blackheads - it's too much work though!
Go to your GP and get Duac gel. Within about 3-4 days I had no spots! It dried my skin something rotten though (but then it tended to be dry any way). On antibiotics now which aren't half as good :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending