Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

sounds really stupid, but i dont actually have any friends who are male (im female btw). Would really really like some male company sometimes... Im 18, at 6th form but guys just dont seem to talk to me but i do hang around with a group of girls so i dont know if maybe guys find that a bit off putting?

Some male advice would be much appreciated. thanks guys.

ReputationRep:

ya could lead a load of guys on then do the 'I just want to be friends bit'

Maybe you should try being on your own friendly to guys? or in twos... ? its hard to get to know anyone whos in a big group that you dont know, unless you try and get to know each of them. if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sounds really stupid, but i dont actually have any friends who are male (im female btw). Would really really like some male company sometimes... Im 18, at 6th form but guys just dont seem to talk to me but i do hang around with a group of girls so i dont know if maybe guys find that a bit off putting?

Some male advice would be much appreciated. thanks guys.
    mmm...I don't really know what to suggest... As a girl I have a ridiculous amount of guy friends.... I get on with most of them more than my group of girls (our girls and guys hang out together, but the girls segregate themselves into the female corner....lol)

I guess just go on and talk to one or two that are in lessons of yours or are friends of friends and go with the flow! Guys are surprisingly easy to talk to which helps alot!...I do agree that the group of girls might be offputting for some guys I think... Trick is not to change your ways just to suit theirs.. Just be yourself and just talk!

Good Luck! hope things work out!

ReputationRep:
    u could try looking elsewhere other than school, ie. a sports club or something that is male-dominated (think boxing...err...computer clubs...and so on). not only will you make lots of guy friends in a relaxed atmosphere, it will be easier because you aren't surrounded by your female friends.

tbh guys are sometimes much better company, so go for it

ReputationRep:
    I have the same prob! I'm on a course with only one guy!!! so i dont get much of an opportunity! All my guy mates are at unis spread across the land and i miss them! Im not really into anything sporty or guyish! *** its horrid!

yea same im not into computing/football/boxing etc but i dont want to know guys for that reason. i just want to get to know them themselves and not to discuss football, so i dont think joining boy dominated club is a great idea...
    i do chat to guys that i kind of know but i dont know them well enough to go out for a drink with them if you know what i mean. uuurrgghh its all quite fustrating! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I had few guy friends before uni, but since being at uni I have quite a few close guys I can talk to and I really appreciate this. It really is just a thing that happens naturally. If some of your girlfriends have males as part of their circle try hanging out with them.

ReputationRep:
    i'll be your friend anonymous, we'll have great fun i'm sure

ReputationRep:
    i have guy friends, but i wouldnt be close to guys to tell them my personal stuff. i only trust a close few for that.

ReputationRep:
    it will change when you get to uni, honest. Other than that, perhaps you could try somewhere other that school?

ReputationRep:
    start going to gay clubs. you can make lots of friends that way. lots of men, they wont have ulterior motives, nor will you have to talk to them about boxing,cars etc..
    everyone's a winner
    I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    Erm. Guys are just kinda there and once they get you don't want to be with them/do them they tend to settle for friendship and that's pretty cool especially when you're out and they get you a drink because they insist on being the gentlemen and buying it hehe.

XxX

ReputationRep:
    as i am in engineering (guys: girls ratio is huge), i have more guy friends than girls and as someone said, most guys are easy to talk to, so just try talking to two or three (its hard to know someone while in a big group).
    and when u go to uni it'll sure be easier (maybe u should choose engineering )

ReputationRep:
    lol oh man I'm gonna have to deal with a lot of guys in engineering if I get in that course. I guess the only consolation I have is that more than half are asian. :P but yeah, I guess you could just be more casual with the guys instead of always hanging out with girls. Sometimes guys are so dense, you have to take the first step to friendship with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.