The Student Room Group

Am I the only person, who Actively religious people give the creeps?

I walked through the town square today to see a big group of people, surrounding someone carrying a huge cross and another person one a electronic keyboard with another one on a guitar.

I found it really creepy and it totally unnerved me.

I really dont like it when the religious come out onto the streets, I can cope with it when its kept behind closed doors... but seriously, i find it really weird.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Reply 2
Profesh
No.

the famous profesh leaves me with just a two expression... :eek:
Reply 3
There's a guy in the next town who raps, changing the lyrics of Eminem's songs to fit religious stories...that's quite amusing. Other than that, I respect otehr people's religious beliefs but would rather not have it shouted at me while I'm walking around town.
Reply 4
teh_samby
There's a guy in the next town who raps, changing the lyrics of Eminem's songs to fit religious stories...that's quite amusing. Other than that, I respect otehr people's religious beliefs but would rather not have it shouted at me while I'm walking around town.

That amuses me too... churches trying to be trendy : )

the parody propoganda posters some have outside ripping of random brands and sayings I find amusing...

like one had a nike tick in clouds, saying "Just do it"

then below it said "jesus did it for you..." lol
Reply 5
teh_samby

:toofunny:
Reply 6
Have any of you seen Saved? Fabulous movie, I highly recommend it.

"Who's down with G-O-D?" Ahahaha ...
Be a Winner, not a Sinner!

All you oxford-circlites should know the sinner-or-winner man. I was wearing my sunderland football shirt there a few months back (their stadium is called The Stadium of Light) and he yells out "Hey, you could go to the stadium on light - in heaven!" So he knows his football, which begs the question of who on earth pays him?
Reply 8
dede

"Who's down with G-O-D?" Ahahaha ...

Great movie :biggrin:
Reply 9
I'm quite scared by it, they are too confident and I don't like the way they give me that you are going to hell look. That is just annoying.
Reply 10
I like pretending that they are deeply affecting me, then I ask one too many questions...
Reply 11
Yo i'm down with the J(esus)-Unit and D-12(apostles)
The guy by Oxford Circus tube station is quite amusing - my friend had a long argument with him once. There's another person in Covent Garden who insists (through a long chain of logic) that if you're not a Christian you will end up a murderer. It's great until they come up to you and ask you why you don't want to be saved. Its a difficult question to answer...:smile:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

Imagine if these tossers turned up on your local high street :mad:
My local church had a poster with pictures of piercings, and their prices

then a picture of jesus with the slogan "some piercings cost more than others"

My local church have some great slogans :biggrin:
Reply 15

LOL They use the word 'whoremongery'! :rofl:
Reply 16
My village does something like that... they get a giant cross with flowers growing on it and carry it up to a hill, where it stays for a few months. I've never actually seen them parading it about though, luckily the God Squad tend to come out before noon when I'm still safely tucked up in bed.

El Scotto
That amuses me too... churches trying to be trendy : )

I hate it. If I can say one good thing about Catholicism it's that Latin Mass is cool.

Personally I like my churches big, imposing and with nothing in them appart from some candles (for light - not for any Pagan idolatry!) and a decent minister who doesn't feel like having to appeal to the young or those with short attention spans.

I saw a sign in a little city religious centre window which said "Christ Loves You Passionately" - now I perhaps see the slight pun there, but to be honest the idea of a middle eastern gentleman with super powers attempting to love me 'passionately' fills me with dread.

Talya
LOL They use the word 'whoremongery'! :rofl:

I am making it my life's work to fit that one into a civilised conversation over the dinner table with my parents.
Reply 17
I think that religion has some great morals backing it, but it's just been complicated by strange people wearing funny clothing and waving crosses everywhere.
Jehovah's witnesses

Yeh there's a right rogue man who wanders round town telling people how unsafe the streets are these days and to go to Kingdom Hall and gives you rogue leaflets with a picture of people playing with animals that is meant to be heaven..

the streets are only unsafe because people like him are accosting you
Reply 19
spunk trumpet
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

Imagine if these tossers turned up on your local high street :mad:

As well as that, didn't you know that God Hates Sweden?

Latest

Trending

Trending