The Student Room Group

Problems with flatmates

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Steampunk_angel
Hi, I'm having problems with my flatmates at the minute. They're very messy and I went on a trip for 3 days and came back and they'd used all my pots and pans and the rest of my kitchen stuff so I've had to take it all out of the kitchen and put it in my room. Luckily they don't eat any of my food although when I got back yesterday from christmas I've noticed quite a lot of my food in the freezer is gone and some in my cupboards (they've even broken my frozen breaded chicken breasts in half and thrown them back in the freezer). Tbh I did put a few rants on facebook about it before christmas cos I didn't feel like I could confront them just like you which is probably why they've tried to get their "revenge" so it's probably my own fault :/ I'm so pleased you've managed to move somewhere where you're happy now, do you think I'll be able to do the same if I go to the accommodation people and explain? I can't take it any longer it's making me ill and I can't concentrate on work, I'm always crying...

Hi, sorry for the slow reply, i didn't see the message :smile: I completely understand where you're coming from, it's horrible. Do you know what the contract that you signed before you moved in said about transfers or withdrawals? If it would cost you a lot of money to escape from halls completely then it might be a good idea to change halls. If they'll just let you go without making you pay the rest then you'll have to find a new place to live which has its own problems...
I think the most important thing is that you're happy, I hated having to tell my parents that i wasn't happy but once i did they were really understanding and helped a lot with contracts and moving. All the best :smile:
Feeling your pain OP. I'm unfortunate enough to have spent the last 11.5 months living with what I can only describe as a parasitic, broken, socially dysfunctional man-child. He's 32, almost 33 years old, yet can't take a shower without flooding the bathroom (despite me telling him, like you would a child how to avoid the deluge), can't or won't cook or clean for himself and has the all round living habits and general Savoir-faire of a Hyena. Or a barnyard animal perhaps. Depends which is worse really. Oh, and his winning personality is rounded out with a casual chauvinistic streak a mile long.

So yeah, kind of wondering why the murder rate round here hasn't spike this last year.
Original post by Uncertainty
Hi, sorry for the slow reply, i didn't see the message :smile: I completely understand where you're coming from, it's horrible. Do you know what the contract that you signed before you moved in said about transfers or withdrawals? If it would cost you a lot of money to escape from halls completely then it might be a good idea to change halls. If they'll just let you go without making you pay the rest then you'll have to find a new place to live which has its own problems...
I think the most important thing is that you're happy, I hated having to tell my parents that i wasn't happy but once i did they were really understanding and helped a lot with contracts and moving. All the best :smile:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Fortunately since I've been back since christmas things haven't been half as bad which is good. But I think it's down to the fact one of my flatmates STILL isn't back lol he's a total idiot, lazy, and hardly ever goes into uni. Me and my other two flatmates don't think he'll properly come back and that he's most likely got kicked out of uni. Things are better cos it was him causing most of the trouble and mess and was less likely to do stuff if you asked him to do it. He's such a bad influence as well and it kinda rubs off on the other two flatmates (one mostly). So I'm hoping he's not coming back. So I am no longer planning on moving out as I am happy now, thank god! It is a level of mess that I can control and don't mind and everything's all just water under the bridge now, well with the three of us that are here anyway. But thanks for your advice anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending