Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Supply/Intellegence/Admin branches watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just a quick question...I was wondering if they had started taking applications again for admin/intellegence/supply officers? I know they did stop accepting them, and I went into the afco a few months ago to confirm this, and they said the branches weren't accepting applications until 2007, but I wondered if they were still not taking on until then.

Thanks if you can give me a quick reply. If they are taking on again I'm going next Friday to re-apply. Can't wait!!!

Thanks again,
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Definately something worth aiming at a quick phonecall to an AFCO rather than forum hearsay!

If you're embarrassed at ringing your AFCO when they've told you to leave until 2007, then ring another or use a false name

ReputationRep:
    They are definantly taking on Intelligence - I was told back on March that they wasn't at a job fair but when I went to the office I was informed otherwise and the Cpl sounded genuinely surprised that I had been told otherwise previously!

Of course, you shouldn't apply for Intelligence as this may reduce my chances of getting in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ubiquitous)
    They are definantly taking on Intelligence - I was told back on March that they wasn't at a job fair but when I went to the office I was informed otherwise and the Cpl sounded genuinely surprised that I had been told otherwise previously!

Of course, you shouldn't apply for Intelligence as this may reduce my chances of getting in!
    That's OK, I'm not actually allowed to applyfor intellegence officer. Or ATC for that matter! That was my very first application, first choice ATC,and second choice intellegence. Failed the medical for both! :eek:Second application was Supply as first choice and admin as second, failed the filter interview; re-apply in 12 months, which is this Thursday coming. This last year has flown by!

So anyway,don'tworry, I won't be robbing you of your job! Good luck in getting in though.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what the differences between the medical requirements for Int and supply??

Just seems wierd.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you as well, considering this is your third attempt you have shown great commitment and I hope it is rewarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DPM)
    Can I ask what the differences between the medical requirements for Int and supply??

Just seems wierd.
    There is an eyesight requirement for Intel that supply doesnt have

ReputationRep:
    I can say, that Supply are taking applications, it opened just recently according to my AFCO at the P2 presentation

That info is up-to-date as of last Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaLS)
    Guys, please ring your respective AFCO's, when Intelligence was closed I met someone who was on OASC while I was on P2 meds who was applying for intelligence, and I think he was on my fam visit last month - so he got it.

Things change constantly.
    Gemma is absolutely right. The RAF's requirements can and do change on a daily basis. Do not be afraid of calling the AFCO from time to time. That is your only real source of up to date information. Better to do that than miss an opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Before OASC, although that was in November, I got a letter saying that my first choice, Admin, was shut, but they'd still consider me for my other choices.

Then, at OASC, I was told in my day 4 debrief that if that was what I wanted to do then I should keep it as my first choice as their requirements were changing all the time. Straight from the horses mouth, you just can't tell day to day.

ReputationRep:
    Well, going into the AFCO tomorrow. Fingers crossed and all being well I'm going to reapply. I'm so excited right now-pretty pathetic really but I want to get into the RAF more than anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.