I'll buy a drink for/sub/rep whoever can tell me how to work this out... EMM?! Watch

Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I need the EMM of a mixture of two acids - salicylic, and aspirin.
I've got a definition of EMM, but that's not helping me. And for someone who hates calculations in chemistry, this is the equivalent of a very small needle in a haystack the size of the moon - I'll never find out how to do it by myself.

Tell me precisely what I need to do, then when I've done it, I'll do one of the aforementioned rewards. But since you probably don't live near me, it'll probably be one of the latter two.

Any questions, ask. I don't want you to work it out for me, I need to do that myself - so use hypothetical amounts. What I do want is the method for working it out. If I get stuck, I'll post how far I've got. How does that sound?

And yes, I'm desperate. This is in for sunday, and I can't do calculations. Ever. So, yeah - help!
markkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know as a chem student EMM should roll of the tongue and the definition known backwards but after the a few drinks (watching the united match )and not having any of my notes within 80 miles I can't remember what it is :eek: oh dear maybe I need to do more work and less drinking.

Give me the def or a link to it and I will learn it and try and teach it to you.
Maya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by markkey)
I know as a chem student EMM should roll of the tongue and the definition known backwards but after the a few drinks (watching the united match )and not having any of my notes within 80 miles I can't remember what it is :eek: oh dear maybe I need to do more work and less drinking.

Give me the def or a link to it and I will learn it and try and teach it to you.
Effective molar mass i think.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Aye. Effective molar mass it is... I've got it now - I got help via PM, so just ignore this thread
markkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ah I see with so many acronyms floating about these things can get very confusing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%