Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need the EMM of a mixture of two acids - salicylic, and aspirin.
    I've got a definition of EMM, but that's not helping me. And for someone who hates calculations in chemistry, this is the equivalent of a very small needle in a haystack the size of the moon - I'll never find out how to do it by myself.

Tell me precisely what I need to do, then when I've done it, I'll do one of the aforementioned rewards. But since you probably don't live near me, it'll probably be one of the latter two.

Any questions, ask. I don't want you to work it out for me, I need to do that myself - so use hypothetical amounts. What I do want is the method for working it out. If I get stuck, I'll post how far I've got. How does that sound?

And yes, I'm desperate. This is in for sunday, and I can't do calculations. Ever. So, yeah - help!

ReputationRep:
    I know as a chem student EMM should roll of the tongue and the definition known backwards but after the a few drinks (watching the united match )and not having any of my notes within 80 miles I can't remember what it is :eek: oh dear maybe I need to do more work and less drinking.

Give me the def or a link to it and I will learn it and try and teach it to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markkey)
    I know as a chem student EMM should roll of the tongue and the definition known backwards but after the a few drinks (watching the united match )and not having any of my notes within 80 miles I can't remember what it is :eek: oh dear maybe I need to do more work and less drinking.

Give me the def or a link to it and I will learn it and try and teach it to you.
    Effective molar mass i think.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Effective molar mass it is... I've got it now - I got help via PM, so just ignore this thread

ReputationRep:
    ah I see with so many acronyms floating about these things can get very confusing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.