Turn on thread page Beta

coursework.info help bot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :eek: What on earth is it? It's hideous :eek:

:eek: so true!

ReputationRep:
    Its been around like a week now. IMO its not as bad as the ad on the main page and it only posts in academic threads that havent been answered in 24 hours .... so just post random **** in un-answered academic threads

ReputationRep:
    hehehehe..... I neg repped that son of a gun :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, so that's up and running then?

Remember, this place is owned by a business. I think it's a fair compromise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    hehehehe..... I neg repped that son of a gun :p:
    Aww, he's chosen not to display his rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Aww, he's chosen not to display his rep
    :p:

(Original post by dogtanian)
    Oooh, so that's up and running then?

Remember, this place is owned by a business. I think it's a fair compromise.
    It's just I've never seen it before...

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying but understandable: as dogtanian said, TSR's owned by a business!

Besides, it takes a second to just ignore it and scroll over....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I know you weren't complaining about it as such.

Just saying, like.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's certainly an effective advert. It's already has almost two threads devoted entirely to it, I even had to visit it myself to see what all the fuss was about.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it encouraging unfair means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Isn't it encouraging unfair means?
    It appears so, yes. If that is the direction they want to head then thats their choice.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to fly in the face of the no cheating policy espoused on the FAQs though, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Seems to fly in the face of the no cheating policy espoused on the FAQs though, eh?
    I can't be bothered looking at it personally, but i'll take your word for it.

Still, it's upto them what online environment they create; if they want to create a forum that actively encourages cheating, then they are free to do so.

Though my thoughts are that such a move would be financially counter-productive in the long run, not to mention exposing the forum to fresh criticism, and I would advise they put more thought into such advertisements.
    A wiser decision would have been to ask members first which way they would prefer revenue be raised, and perhaps members would have voted for increased sub fees over bad publicity...

ReputationRep:
    Increased sub fees? That's one why for the revenue to go down - no one would sub!

ReputationRep:
    Someone reported it for advertising the other day. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Someone reported it for advertising the other day. LOL.
    :p: lol, what a muppet!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they were making a point ... ie the bot breaks the rules we have to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Not really as it is advertising. Thats what the report function is for despite how trivial something may seem we always like folks using the feature.

ReputationRep:
    oh, right. I think I kind of got the wrong end of the stick....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.