The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've just been prescribed a course of dianette. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice with this pill? how long did it take to clear skin? any nasty side effects? help to regulate periods etc?
Thnks!
Reply 2
I went on it a few years ago and it cleared my skin up but made me a bit emotional. I took it for about 3 months I think? I did find that once I came of it my spots came back. But they cleared themseleves up eventually!
Reply 3
Louher
I went on it a few years ago and it cleared my skin up but made me a bit emotional. I took it for about 3 months I think? I did find that once I came of it my spots came back. But they cleared themseleves up eventually!

ahh thats good! how long did you take it for? was your skin quite bad before you started taking it?
Reply 4
its really good for a lot of women for their skin... it has the added benefit of being a contraceptive and carries with it the advantages and disadvatages associated with combined contarceptive pills... your doc should have gone over it when he was prescribing it and you should get an information leaflet in thepack which will give you advice.
Reply 5
My skin took about 5 months to clear adn I'm still taking it now after 7 years! Though I did take a year off it 2 years ago and my skin was still clear! Best pill!
Reply 6
I've never had acne but I always used to get spots around my chin area, which used to drive me mental. I think they pretty much cleared up within 2-3 months of being on it and I only took it for 3/4 months as I felt I didn't need it :smile:
I went on it two months ago and after doing research most people said it would take 3 months but my doctor said 5. Not to worry you but my appitite has got so bad, used to eat like one big meal a day and now all I can think about is food and today I've had 4 massive meals which is really scary. No difference in my skin at all :frown:
Reply 8
I've been on it since 12 - couldn't reccommend it more. :smile:
http://acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=130

best souce of info for dianette & skin
Reply 10
Hi

I used Dianette for about 6 months last year for my skin also. Unfortunatley it only cleared my skin up a little bit and I got really bad headaches from it:frown: But my Auntie and my Mum also couldn't handle the pill so I think it was hereditory. My periods were very regular - the same time every month. See how it goes :wink:
Reply 11
Thanks for the great feedback, all very helpful!
Ive been on diannette for ages and it worked wonders for my skin! within 2 months it was clearing up and 5 months later it was bassically gone. my periods also got lighter and shorter which was a bonus! but apart from that no side effects or anything.
I took dianette for about 2 weeks and had terrible headaches, lost all my apetite, and had trouble with my memory, consulted the doctor and he told me to stop taking it lol.
I lost my appetite, cleared my skin up, lost weight, slowed down bodily hair growth, got regular and lighter periods, didn't get pregnant...I would definitely reccommend it!
BUT I did get the odd headache now and again...

Latest

Trending

Trending