Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just interested to hear what other finalists on TSR are doing their dissertations on!

I'm doing two - one for each subject (I'm studying joint honours History and Music).

ReputationRep:
    Psychoneuroimmunology is the field i suppose.

...but is giving me a headache at the moment. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Psychoneuroimmunology is the field i suppose.

...but is giving me a headache at the moment. :bawling:
    Aw, I know that feeling well! I was having a massive panic earlier about my Music one - I'm supposed to be finishing it tomorrow, but still have rather a lot to do - but I feel a bit more confident now. Hope you feel better soon!

What's your title by the way? My Music one is 'Carols on Customs: The Boar's Head Corpus in Context'. I can't remember my History one off the top of my head, but it's based on the will of Elizabeth Salisbury, countess of Salisbury (who died in 1415).

ReputationRep:
    You know mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    You know mine :p:
    I don't know your actual title! Just that it's about King John, and involves you translating bits from one of the chronicles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    I don't know your actual title! Just that it's about King John, and involves you translating bits from one of the chronicles...
    Well, it hasn't got a proper title yet. My supervisor said that I should fit the title to the dissertation, not the other way round. It'll probably be something like 'Matthew Paris and the traditional reputation of King John'.

ReputationRep:
    It's about stone tools from a site in Kazakhstan, also to do with horse domestication. Haven't got a title yet, am still trying to come up with one (am not a finalist, it's a special project I have to start early as the stuff I'm analysing goes back to Kazakhstan in July).

ReputationRep:
    "Mentally Disordered Offenders - Is The Diversion System Working?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikk)
    I am only in my second year, but have agreed the title of my project for next year. Although I can't remember the exact wording, it is something like, "Effects of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species on acetylated homoserine lactones with respect to quorum sensing disruption by hyperbaric therapy in the treatment of chronic wounds". Can't wait!
    That sounds awesome, just the title though not particularly interested in the subject.

Mines on reciprocating internal combustion engine crankshaft vibrations. I'm writing up the report at the mo. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    An integrated development environment for the Java programming language coded using 100% Java.

ReputationRep:
    I finished mine about 3 minutes ago!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    "A Comparison of Block and Stream Ciphers" - basically it's to do with cryptography. Although I'm not actually a finalist... but next year I have a group project to do rather than a dissertation, so that's my equivalent.
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    "The Politics of the International Space Station Programme"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martynwilliams)
    "The Politics of the International Space Station Programme"
    Can I please read it when its complete? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Can I please read it when its complete? :eek:
    Interested in it? depends what I get for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    Just interested to hear what other finalists on TSR are doing their dissertations on!

I'm doing two - one for each subject (I'm studying joint honours History and Music).
    I'm doing two as well, as I do Joint Hons Classics and English.
    Our dissertation meetings are next term for Classics, Exeter starts really early!

My Classics one is going to be on the development of Greek musicology, the role of music in drama and dithyramb, how we lost its sound, and its general demise.

My English one is going to be on gender confusion in Shakespeare, and how this is played on the stage. I also intend to challenge the common assumption that Ariel (from 'The Tempest') is male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    I'm doing two as well, as I do Joint Hons Classics and English.
    Our dissertation meetings are next term for Classics, Exeter starts really early!

My Classics one is going to be on the development of Greek musicology, the role of music in drama and dithyramb, how we lost its sound, and its general demise.

My English one is going to be on gender confusion in Shakespeare, and how this is played on the stage. I also intend to challenge the common assumption that Ariel (from 'The Tempest') is male.
    In Swansea, they wont let you do two dissertations (that's the case if you do a joint honours with the Politics & IR department anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martynwilliams)
    Interested in it? depends what I get for it!
    I'm very interested because I used to study astronautical engineering. Good luck on it, sounds very cool.

ReputationRep:
    My title was as follows, brought up some very interesting points;

An investigation into domestic violence and its impact on spouses from South Asia (Pakistan) subject to the two year probationary immigration rule.

ReputationRep:
    "The theme of language corruption in Mankynde and Paradise Lost"

We know how to live in the English Dept!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.