Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!
    Just wondering if anyone has accepted an offer to study social sciences as a foundation year starting this september?
    I originally wanted to study law but I wont have the grades to start this year

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm doing SFY this year - you'll meet plenty of people on your course, and plenty more who aren't! I'm sure there's someone on here doing it, but even if there isn't you'll just start talking to people in your classes and stuff so you get to know other people really quickly!

ReputationRep:
    im doing the social science foundation year at the moment and its pretty easy. though attendance is much more important in the foundation year. they come down hard on you for it so make sure you go to lectures and seminars. i wouldnt say i made any friends on my course though cause all the modules are just part of lots of different courses so the lectures seem to be different groups of people all the time. saying that... my best friend here is doing the same course. didnt meet him through it though. you generally make most of your friends through your halls of residence or societies it seems. its a pretty easy year though so enjoy it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.