Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to withdraw from UCAS and take a gap year, reapplying to university for 2007. Over the year I have decided to go interrailing in August/Septemeber the live and work in London (if I find work :confused: ) until around December then go skiing for 2 to three weeks, either return home or go back to London and work until summer.

However I want to do something during the summer before university and since I plan on doing French in university the obvious choice was to go and live and work in France for a few weeks. Working in a summer camp appealled to me and since Camp America isn't particularly relevant to my course a French equivalent would be. So has anyone here been to one of these camps? Or have any information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybones)
    I have decided to withdraw from UCAS and take a gap year, reapplying to university for 2007. Over the year I have decided to go interrailing in August/Septemeber the live and work in London (if I find work :confused: ) until around December then go skiing for 2 to three weeks, either return home or go back to London and work until summer.

However I want to do something during the summer before university and since I plan on doing French in university the obvious choice was to go and live and work in France for a few weeks. Working in a summer camp appealled to me and since Camp America isn't particularly relevant to my course a French equivalent would be. So has anyone here been to one of these camps? Or have any information.
    You can try Eurocamp/ Keycamp.... they have campsites in Europe which are similar to the camp america experience. Google it for more info x

ReputationRep:
    There's Acorn adventure and PGL but they're english speaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FruitcakeLiz)
    There's Acorn adventure and PGL but they're english speaking.
    I would prefer one that was french speaking, but I don't know if my french was actually good enough for that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at the PGL site - although it's actually english speaking they employ people who can speak french to organise activities etc

www.pgl.co.uk - think the work link is on the right hand side, picture thing, search for type of job = language and look in france

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.