The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Sports & Exercise Psychology, and I put it thinking that I just needed a fifth choice (I saw some of the grade boundaries and thought I'm never going to reach it!). And I got a conditional - so surprised! :biggrin:

280 UCAS points - 180 points from A2 levels! That's achievable!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Kirstyae
Congrats! Will you definitely be going to Bangor, and do you know which course will be your first choice? I'm going to be doing English Language and Creative writing, so I'll probably see you there at some point!

I don't know whether it will be my firm or insurance yet because I'm still waiting for Lancaster to reply. I wish I knew which course I would pick too :colondollar: but I'm still unsure.

I love Bangor though - I visited three times :biggrin:

Is Bangor definitely your first choice then?
Reply 62
Original post by aimz666
I don't know whether it will be my firm or insurance yet because I'm still waiting for Lancaster to reply. I wish I knew which course I would pick too :colondollar: but I'm still unsure.

I love Bangor though - I visited three times :biggrin:

Is Bangor definitely your first choice then?

aha oh right :3
I haven't had a chance to visit D: I just can't afford to get up there :c
and, yes, I'm 99% sure it's my first choice :3 I can't wait :')
Reply 63
aha oh right :3
I haven't had a chance to visit D: I just can't afford to get up there :c
and, yes, I'm 99% sure it's my first choice :3 I can't wait :')

I'm in Warrington so its basically Warrington Chester and then Chester along the coastal line to Bangor :smile: Are you living in Wales or just down south in general?

It's really great, really pretty, all really close together and accessible. 'Cept every time I go its sunny and I know that 95% of the time its either rainy snowy or windy :rolleyes:

I'm just excited for uni in general... feels like I've been waiting for years :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by aimz666
I'm in Warrington so its basically Warrington Chester and then Chester along the coastal line to Bangor :smile: Are you living in Wales or just down south in general?

It's really great, really pretty, all really close together and accessible. 'Cept every time I go its sunny and I know that 95% of the time its either rainy snowy or windy :rolleyes:

I'm just excited for uni in general... feels like I've been waiting for years :biggrin:

I'm from the very bottom of Wales ^^ It's about a 4 hour drive, but I can't drive and the train is too expensive :c
I love rain/snow/wind xD I'm a teeney bit worried about the flooding though D: Apparently it rained for the whole week of freshers this year too :rolleyes:
Aha, I -have- been waiting for years! I should have started Uni in 2010, but health issues kept getting in the way :c All better now though!
I cried when I got my offer lol, I wish September would hurry up!
Reply 65
I'm from the very bottom of Wales ^^ It's about a 4 hour drive, but I can't drive and the train is too expensive :c
I love rain/snow/wind xD I'm a teeney bit worried about the flooding though D: Apparently it rained for the whole week of freshers this year too :rolleyes:
Aha, I -have- been waiting for years! I should have started Uni in 2010, but health issues kept getting in the way :c All better now though!
I cried when I got my offer lol, I wish September would hurry up!

Hopefully I'll be driving soon just passed my theory today :biggrin:

I'm sure the flooding won't be too bad...

Aha to you too! :P I've been waiting for years too - dare I say it stress issues... I'll be twenty when I start.

I danced around my whole house - was SO excited! So amazing! I know how you feel :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by aimz666

Aha to you too! :P I've been waiting for years too - dare I say it stress issues... I'll be twenty when I start.

I danced around my whole house - was SO excited! So amazing! I know how you feel :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin: I haven't even got my provisional yet, it's so expensive to learn that I haven't even bothered starting -.-"

I'll be 21 by the time September rolls around, I am still slightly worried that I'm going to be like the old lady living with a bunch of 18 year olds D: But even if that ends up being the case, I'm still excited :3 I can't wait to live in halls for some reason :biggrin:
Reply 67
Congrats! :biggrin: I haven't even got my provisional yet, it's so expensive to learn that I haven't even bothered starting -.-"

I'll be 21 by the time September rolls around, I am still slightly worried that I'm going to be like the old lady living with a bunch of 18 year olds D: But even if that ends up being the case, I'm still excited :3 I can't wait to live in halls for some reason :biggrin:

You certainly won't be the oldest. I'll be 23 in September and it looks like I'll be moving into halls....
Reply 68
Original post by Leroy-g
You certainly won't be the oldest. I'll be 23 in September and it looks like I'll be moving into halls....

Good to hear :P What are you going to be studying? :3
Reply 69
Good to hear :P What are you going to be studying? :3

Either Biomedical Science or Medical Biology.... I still haven't decided! How about you? :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Leroy-g
Either Biomedical Science or Medical Biology.... I still haven't decided! How about you? :smile:

ooh cool :biggrin: it'll be english language and creative writing for me c: not one of Bangor's specialities but it suits me just fine :3
Reply 71
I got a letter from the School of Chemistry, inviting me to an Open Day (and it says they usually give offers to all that visit). So is it basically an offer? Or does the "usually" mean they can still reject me?

Everything on my ps/reference is true so I should have nothing to worry about (I think) but I really want to put Bangor as my insurance choice (or as a firm if I get no other offers) :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
ooh cool :biggrin: it'll be english language and creative writing for me c: not one of Bangor's specialities but it suits me just fine :3

Oh great. I've heard the school of English is a great school; and the academic staff are all really personable and easy to approach. Might see you in Bangor next year then :smile:
Reply 73
Hopefully I'll be there doing Criminology and Criminal Justice!:colondollar:
Original post by aimz666

Bangor's only flooded twice this semester :smile: Once was the other day and I missed it, and once was last month. Basically you couldn't see the central reservation on the "River" A55 :/ Was amusing though!!! And Ffridd site is uphill, and Normal Site is on a slight slope so the actual buildings never flood, its just the houses in Lower Bangor that get some trouble, but I never heard of any this year :smile:

Original post by Alotties
I got a letter from the School of Chemistry, inviting me to an Open Day (and it says they usually give offers to all that visit). So is it basically an offer? Or does the "usually" mean they can still reject me?

Everything on my ps/reference is true so I should have nothing to worry about (I think) but I really want to put Bangor as my insurance choice (or as a firm if I get no other offers) :colondollar:

Congrats on the open day :smile: If you have any questions about the department feel free to drop me an e-mail, I started this year so I can answer most of them, or if not answer them myself get them answered :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by Jakeul200493
Ffridd site is uphill

I am yet to hear the end of this hill lol, my best friend is in Llanddwyn and when he first moved he definitely made a point to tell me there was a hill. Over and over. :P
I am yet to hear the end of this hill lol, my best friend is in Llanddwyn and when he first moved he definitely made a point to tell me there was a hill. Over and over. :P

Ooooh I have a few friends who live in Llanddwyn :biggrin:

And yeah, the hill in the middle of town is like Satan in hill form, it's pure evil and the reason I'd rather risk flooding and live in Lower Bangor next year :P
Reply 77
Original post by Jakeul200493
Ooooh I have a few friends who live in Llanddwyn :biggrin:

And yeah, the hill in the middle of town is like Satan in hill form, it's pure evil and the reason I'd rather risk flooding and live in Lower Bangor next year :P

Oh god ;-; ...do people really refer to it as 'Bitch Hill'? o.o
Luckily I currently live at the top of a ridiculous hill so I should hopefully be used to it maybe possibly... Actually I feel like I will never be prepared for this hill o.o
Oh god ;-; ...do people really refer to it as 'Bitch Hill'? o.o
Luckily I currently live at the top of a ridiculous hill so I should hopefully be used to it maybe possibly... Actually I feel like I will never be prepared for this hill o.o

Yes, and it's the most accurate description of anything I've ever heard!!
I've applied for marine environmental studies. I applied just before the holidays so I don't expect to hear back until mid january.

There's that course and MES at portsmouth, so i applied to 3 just environmental science courses, is anyone else in the same boat? I would apply to oceanography but the entry requirements for that tend to be higher so i'd stand more chance on MES, so my PS wouldn't then fit oceanography that well.

Quick Reply

Latest