The Student Room Group
Reply 1
do you want it too clean with or for a costume i forgot to add sorry .. try woolies if its for cleaning or costume try fancy dress shop or whats that kind of gothic shop by mcdaonnalds called ... maybe there ???
Reply 2
Make one! Buy a wooden broom handle on the cheap, or saw one off an old broom. Then use strong double sided tape to stick all the sticks and twigs that you've previously collected (did I forget to mention there was some park-based dirty work?) to one end, with a few layers. Trim off the twigs so they're a similar kinda length, and wrap lots of string to firmly secure it and tie it up. Use old fashioned looking twine for added effect.

...I'm assuming this is for a costume.
If you get on the road towards the train station, near the top (on the left-hand side as you're walking down), there's a theatre costume shop which had lots of Harry Potter stuff in the window a few months back. They might have one there. Or there's that big hardware type store called Wilkinsons (I think!) opposite HMV and Dixons etc.
I won't make everyone say a collective "Eeew!" by telling you all where the original myth of witches flying on broomsticks came from...
Not sure what you're going to say, but it comes from farm workers jumping around with brooms (don't know how else to put that...) to encourage the fertility of their crops.
Reply 6
Hollyoaks!

Latest

Trending

Trending