Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of getting into LBS Msc Finance with the following qualifications:

- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering Imperial College (First Class)
    - Industrial placement BP (Control Engr)
    - Industrial placement Citi (Tech)
    - Summer internship Lehman (Tech)
    - Internship Shell (Energy Trading)

ReputationRep:
    Applicants should have at least two years, full time, relevant work experience (the average for the current class is six years). The vast majority of successful applicants have worked directly in finance or finance-related areas.
    from the LBS website.

ReputationRep:
    yes.. i know.. I have read that !
    Will my placements be considered as full-time work experience ? Since it says 2 years minimum do you think I have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Also, do they satisfy - 'finance related area' criteria?

Think your chances of success are nearing zero... the people who are at LBS have absolutely stellar employment records and in no way depend on placements, internships or the like to qualify. A lot of the people I've met from there have done 3 years of work on a graduate programme somewhere and are doing the Masters to do a slight career path switch or just develop a list of contacts while taking a brief bit of time out.

You can pay (through the roof) to take some courses there which don't require much in the way of pre-requisites. There is an undergrad from UCL doing some of their corporate finance evening classes I think... may well be failing his degree as a result though.

ReputationRep:
    That masters is basically like doing an MBA in finance. You need work exp. Age average is 29/30.. .
    I mean LBS in general is another league and aim a different kind of public.

You can still get into great masters in finance at Oxbridge / LSE / Imperial/ Warwick with that record, so it's no that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably wait for 6 years and then apply for MBA in LBS.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.