Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Still valid? I'd say not. You would probably have to reapply. The best people to ask, however, are the admissions tutors at warwick. IT is them who have the final say, not us.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just ask them. The more you leave it, the smaller your chances of being re-accepted.

Ask, now.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, but there's no harm asking. Ask now as others have suggested.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it to be honest... its a tough course to get onto and its too late to reapply. If you had a good reason then maybe, but if you just didnt turn up when term started...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    I highly doubt it to be honest... its a tough course to get onto and its too late to reapply. If you had a good reason then maybe, but if you just didnt turn up when term started...
    No no , I had my reasons . Anyway I've asked them , and they've told me that they'll have an answer for me by the 28th of April. There is still hope !

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fingers crossed then!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    Ah, fingers crossed then!!
    Yeah ! *Fingers crossed*
    I hope they do make me an offer . I mean Warwick spends so much time and money recriuting very average students here in Pakistan and I`m a good student damnit !You wouldnt believe the kind of people they make an offer to every year.Pretty strange for a top university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kez86)
    Yeah ! *Fingers crossed*
    I hope they do make me an offer . I mean Warwick spends so much time and money recriuting very average students here in Pakistan and I`m a good student damnit !You wouldnt believe the kind of people they make an offer to every year.Pretty strange for a top university.
    Who says you're a good student? That is merely your opinion. Other people may formulate a different opinion. I must say, it is hardly a credible statement when you couldn't even be bothered to inform the University you would not be attending.

I hope they do give you a second chance, but do not assume you have a god given right to it. Maybe they give the "average students" a chance because they will appreciate it and actually attend.

I'm not sure if you're aware how university places work, but by accepting the place and then just no turning up you stopped someone else from going there. Your place could have been given to someone who would have grabbed on to it with both hands, so no, I wouldn't believe the people they make an offer to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Who says you're a good student? That is merely your opinion. Other people may formulate a different opinion. I must say, it is hardly a credible statement when you couldn't even be bothered to inform the University you would not be attending.

I hope they do give you a second chance, but do not assume you have a god given right to it. Maybe they give the "average students" a chance because they will appreciate it and actually attend.

I'm not sure if you're aware how university places work, but by accepting the place and then just no turning up you stopped someone else from going there. Your place could have been given to someone who would have grabbed on to it with both hands, so no, I wouldn't believe the people they make an offer to.
    Apparantly you didnt read my post where I said that I had my reasons. I rather not go into them.
    And I actually did inform the university that I would not be coming ( altough I didnt ask for a deferral.) My plans changed last minute because of those compelling reasons , otherwise I was pretty much set to goto warwick.
    About the quality of the students they make an offer to here , I think I`m a better judge of that since its very apparant from my vantage point. I've seen it around me . Your O/A level results do tend to indicate whether you're a good student or not, and its because of this reason universities tend to base their decisions largely on your grades.

ReputationRep:
    Your O/A level results are a measure of your ability to recall by rote. They are not evidence of your ability as a student. Students at university are required to do a lot of self directed research, especially on a law degree. Just because you have "compelling reasons" and higher grades make you no better than the "average students" you are so willing to dismiss. And no, you are in no better position to judge them than anyone else here because you do not know their personal circumstances.

I'm quite sure if you rang the Admissions Tutor before your course was due to start and explained you reasons for not going they would have drawn your attention to the fact you could defer and would have suggested you do that. This leads me to be quite dubious as to your claim you kept them properly informed.

As I said, I hope they let you in, but you do not have a god given right to it and your opinion you are somewhat more deserving than those students you dismiss as average is insulting.

ReputationRep:
    Ethereal , I agree that your O/A level results are not indicative of your intelligence , however univeristies largely base their decisions on those results ,which is particualy true for overseas admissions.And I`m not saying that its a God given right that I be offered admission this year .
    Its a fact that its way easier for international students to get admission in UK universities than home students. This is particulary true for Warwick. I`m not saying that the student population at Warwick consists of " average" students.
    I have more than a fair idea of how universities work. I am currently a freshmen at a top Pakistani university ( which is harder to get into than warwick , trust me there. But I do recognize that warwick is a lot better which is why i'd be leaving my current unviersity if they let me in...)

Anyway I apologize if my posts were insulting or offensive in any way. It wasnt my intention to assert that I` m better than all the other applicants..its just that i really badly want to see myself at warwick this year..

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware of the clearing system? If Warwick turn you down, you could apply to a different uni through that in August. Not sure if it's open to International students though

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware of the clearing system? If Warwick turn you down, you could apply to a different uni through that in August. Not sure if it's open to International students though
    Yeah I know about clearing, altough not many good universities have places for popular courses . I'd stay in LUMS ( the universities i`m at now )if warwick turns me down .Its not bad here , LUMS is considered the best pakistani university and one of the best in Asia..

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but don't forget uni applications have dropped this year because of the funding changes. If I were you, if warwick turn you down I'd be ready to look at clearing lists as soon as they are published. You might get realy lucky that way.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but don't forget uni applications have dropped this year because of the funding changes. If I were you, if warwick turn you down I'd be ready to look at clearing lists as soon as they are published. You might get realy lucky that way.
    I got in yay !

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!!
    Reading this i really didnt think you would
    But congratulations to you for getting in. I didnt know getting in could be that easy, seeing as I have gathered they must have already filled the places for that course by now, and letting someone in like that to me is unheard of. I did a similar thing to you, but I actually re-applied and got an offer within like 2 weeks of applying, seeing as I had an offer before, but not to apply and to leave it so late and still get in. Well, WOW

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Pleased for you

ReputationRep:
    Ill be seeing you then i suppose on the LLB course

ReputationRep:
    Yeah came as a shock to me too . I had given up all hope and it took them three weeks to decide. And my A level grades were way below their normal offer too . I got really lucky i guess.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.