Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there everyone. I just registered for this forum after lurking about and e-stalking many of you for the last few months.

I was born and raised near Detroit in Michigan but right now I'm currently at film school in southern California and just got my conditional acceptance letter from St. Andrews for their M.Litt Marketing program.

My grandmother was originally from Scotland (edinburgh) and that was part of my reasoning in applying to a grad school over in the U.K. I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyone else here going to be in St. Andrews for 2006? I'd love to get to know some people before I get there so that I'm not going on completely blind. If you are, feel free to message me or somehow get in contact. Send up a smoke flare or something.

By the way, does anyone know how the kayaking is in that area? I'm big into ocean kayaking but I've never actually done it anywhere but in the Pacific. In fact, can anyone just tell me about the sports/outdoor activities in that area in general? Aside from golf. I'm aware of the golf situation. Any info I can get would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! If you go to the Scottish unis section, there is a whole forum dedicated to St. Andrews because it is the coolest place in existence like that. I am also from Southern California (near Pasadena/LA area) and will be at St. Andrews next year hopefully not freezing to death! There are lots of people on the TSR that are going to St. Andrews next year that I know of, although most of them are undergraduates, so I don't know how many postgrads you'll meet on here. Anyway, good luck next year!

ReputationRep:
    I've been to southern california and I live in Scotland! Hello!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.