Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    I probably wont be able to help you much as I have not yet started the course either... but at the interview, the interviewer just sort of laughed at me and said that they were both 'very interesting' when I asked about the difference between the two and which to pick etc... and then he didnt explain anything...he just said "we will get to that if the time comes"...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoCo^)
    I probably wont be able to help you much as I have not yet started the course either... but at the interview, the interviewer just sort of laughed at me and said that they were both 'very interesting' when I asked about the difference between the two and which to pick etc... and then he didnt explain anything...he just said "we will get to that if the time comes"...:rolleyes:
    How very unhelpful.
    Well done on your offer - what college did you get into?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it- many colleges dont give you the choice anyway. Intro is generally considered easier, partly as it overlaps with other subjects. Few people will be able to give you a detailed comparission as they only do one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else received a letter from Oxford saying that you no longer have a choice between the two subjects?

Instead, the law faculty have introduced a new, compulsory subject which seems to merge the two together.

A Roman Introduction to Private Law its called...

(Original post by CrystaLite)
    Has anyone else received a letter from Oxford saying that you no longer have a choice between the two subjects?

Instead, the law faculty have introduced a new, compulsory subject which seems to merge the two together.

A Roman Introduction to Private Law its called...
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    There's a thread explaining this in the law section:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=215061&

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the potential new merged course but I know everyone in my college automatically did Roman - we didn't get a choice between the two.

ReputationRep:
    intro to law has been scrapped

ReputationRep:
    Yup, they sent me a letter yesterday - basically merging the two. It sounds more helpful and more interesting.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.