sereture
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have realized that I want to take a year off to do some volunteering while polishing up my french skills before I go to university. However, I have received a conditional offer from Edinburgh for this year (for English Lit and Philosophy) and really want to go next year - do you think they would let me defer entry? Has anyone else tried? Also, should I accept the offer first and then ask for deferred entry, or ask them right now?
Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Obscured
Report 13 years ago
I have a deffered entry place for politics and philosophy but i applied for deffered entry. Someone asked the question at the open day and from what I can gather they don't like ppl asking for deffered entry if they didn't apply for it. I would phone them if I was you before you accept the offer.
bluerose
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hello, I was in pretty much the same position as you except I'm just plain eng lit, but I emailed at the beginning of march having received a conditional offer and they wouldn't defer me Then I asked if I declined this year and reapplied next year would it count against me and they sent a rather ratty email back saying that competion is incredibly fierce and we have 28 applicants per place and competion is only going to get stronger.... etc and that I may want to consider that before giving up my place!

But there is another person on here who applied for entry for english this year, but they've only offered her a deferred place, which is a little bizarre as I think she would rather go this year.

Nevertheless, I would either ring or email to enquire anyway as there's nothing to be lost by trying
Emmy18
Report 13 years ago
Hewwo!Yeah bluerose speaks the truth here!Edinburgh are a bit up themselves I gotta say, and keep telling us all different things- so yeah give it a go, who knows, they can be nice. If not tell be spiteful. always works for me. Or you can have my place if I get my grades for Warwick. I mean how will they know lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (57)
24.46%
My career doesn't need one (30)
12.88%
I'm sick of studying (46)
19.74%
I can't find a course I want to do (6)
2.58%
I don't know enough about them (16)
6.87%