Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got a prob: deres this girl who i really like in the year below but i dont even no her name and havent spoken to her. i know she has a really nice personality and i want to try to get to know her. i cant just randomly walk up to her and start talking to her like 'hi how are you?' cause she dont really even knw me and itl make me look like a weirdo! if i write a letter or sumthing, my friends if they find out, will take the piss!

how can i get her attention?! or even start a conversation with her?

..another problem is, il be off to uni next year so i doubt il ever see her again after this year

ReputationRep:
    Don't write a letter, that might seem a bit full on. I think if you just started talking casually to her she wouldn't really find that weird or anything. Just say hi, introduce yourself, ask her how her works going or something, get her talking.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    i got a prob: deres this girl who i really like in the year below but i dont even no her name and havent spoken to her. i know she has a really nice personality and i want to try to get to know her. i cant just randomly walk up to her and start talking to her like 'hi how are you?' cause she dont really even knw me and itl make me look like a weirdo! if i write a letter or sumthing, my friends if they find out, will take the piss!

..another problem is, il be off to uni next year so i doubt il ever see her again after this year
    Now or never hun! Just me strong and find something to start talking about, anything, something to do with school, or how nice her pants are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)

create a scenario...pretend that you just met her by accident, ooo look who her friends are, if you know her friends that is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    Its easy for people to give advice as theyre not in your situation, but Id just say, grow some balls and bite the bullet. Its hard, but just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    create a scenario...pretend that you just met her by accident, ooo look who her friends are, if you know her friends that is a bonus
    yeah that's it... great idea... pretend you need something urgently like a calculator or something and she just happens to be the closest one there... then when you borrow it you'll have to give it back and the rest is up to you.

if u talk to her group of friends then start talking to her she won't get suspicious... you have 1 year? that's loadsa time, don't be negative...

ReputationRep:
    How do you know she has a nice personality if you've never spoken to her?

ReputationRep:
    Lust only causes problems. The best thing you can do is just try and make friends with her. Then see what happens, I don't wish to be mean but it sounds like you're 12 years old to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Its easy for people to give advice as theyre not in your situation, but Id just say, grow some balls and bite the bullet. Its hard, but just go for it.
    thats what you do, so what if you muck up, at least you wont sit there going, ooh i love her, but im too scared to approach. If you dont know her, even her name, its easy, wlak up and say, "hi my name is . . . , whats yours" and start fro mthere or if that is too hard. Try something like those are really cool shoes, where did you get them from. It doesnt matter that it sucks as a chat up line, just something to break the ice. Another thing, do not get into the mistake of thinking we can be friends and go from there, it really does not work, show her that you are interested. Compliment her, but not in a pervy way, like you have the best boobs i have ever seen. But more tastefully, if she changes her hair or something, talk about it (in a positive way) and show that you have noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Lust only causes problems. The best thing you can do is just try and make friends with her. Then see what happens, I don't wish to be mean but it sounds like you're 12 years old to be honest.

No, sorry, please dont do this, if you are interested, go for it, sorry amazingtrade but getting them into the friends zone is suicide if you wanna get with them. It is so much harder to get them out of there. Sure act as friends, but keep the romantic element there, so that she thinks of you that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Try and make friends and then see what happens? Do you actually have a clue? And whats wrong with being 12?

And what the hell is all this **** about calculators all about?!?

At the end of the day, there will be plenty of situations for you to start conversation with her, the biggest tip I can give is to not talk too much about school - its not interesting and nobody actually cares that much.

You can always say something along the lines of 'Hey sit on my face and ill estimate your weight'

ReputationRep:
    Try and make friends and then see what happens? Do you actually have a clue? And whats wrong with being 12?

And what the hell is all this **** about calculators all about?!?

At the end of the day, there will be plenty of situations for you to start conversation with her, the biggest tip I can give is to not talk too much about school - its not interesting and nobody actually cares that much.

You can always say something along the lines of 'Hey sit on my face and ill estimate your weight'
    now thats the type of thing a silly narb would say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    now thats the type of thing a silly narb would say
    I was only having a jest

ReputationRep:
    I was only having a jest

ahh, but amazingtrade is quite smart as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    How do you know she has a nice personality if you've never spoken to her?
    everytime i see her shes always happy. she seems like a hard worker cause when i see her in the library during free periods shes always working, unlike the rest of the people around there.

she has a smile of an angel! and is really cute as well. so basically a happy girl who works hard and is cute (a perfect receipe in my books).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    everytime i see her shes always happy. she seems like a hard worker cause when i see her in the library during free periods shes always working, unlike the rest of the people around there.

she has a smile of an angel! and is really cute as well. so basically a happy girl who works hard and is cute (a perfect receipe in my books).
    have you read what i have written? What you just replied to is irrelevent in terms of getting what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)

so then if shes always working there then ask if you can sit at her table.. and say sth like 'i see you in here quite a lot, what exams do you have?' or sth light and chit chatty... or ask to borrow sth from her.. or ask a gernal question.. about class or school competitions or anything at all.. shes not going to eat you (esp since she seems likea nice girl if she has a nice smile)

bonus: if youre leaving for uni soon, if it goes horribly wrong youll neversee her again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    so then if shes always working there then ask if you can sit at her table.. and say sth like 'i see you in here quite a lot, what exams do you have?' or sth light and chit chatty... or ask to borrow sth from her.. or ask a gernal question.. about class or school competitions or anything at all.. shes not going to eat you (esp since she seems likea nice girl if she has a nice smile)

bonus: if youre leaving for uni soon, if it goes horribly wrong youll neversee her again!
    nice smile - does not = nice girl. You can use somehting like that too get talking, but be different and be interested in her.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have 6th form parties? Thats the best place to try your luck.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have 6th form parties? Thats the best place to try your luck.
    yeh we got one coming up in a month, same day as my bday yeppy.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.