Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to King's in September for English, but am having a huge change of heart and would much rather do Economics. In september, while at university, I'm going to therefore apply through UCAS again.

I want to apply to do Economics and Geography and Economics at the LSE. My other four choices will be for straight economics courses at other unis. How difficult should it be to drop the Geography in there? Would I not even be considered by the Geo department should I not directly mention geography?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'll be very hard to switch from Geography and Economics to pure Economics.. but you really shouldn't be applying for that course if your sole intention is to get a place and switch degree programmes later on. You will need a rock solid reason, and demonsrate your passion for the subject to your tutors. I'm just basing my advice based on the experience of a friend who switched from Social Policy and Economics to pure Economics after her first year.

And I doubt the Geography department will seriously consider your application if you don't even mention it in your PS. It does need some decent treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    I don't think it'll be very hard to switch from Geography and Economics to pure Economics.. but you really shouldn't be applying for that course if your sole intention is to get a place and switch degree programmes later on. You will need a rock solid reason, and demonsrate your passion for the subject to your tutors. I'm just basing my advice based on the experience of a friend who switched from Social Policy and Economics to pure Economics after her first year.

And I doubt the Geography department will seriously consider your application if you don't even mention it in your PS. It does need some decent treatment.

I'm not trying to switch. I'd be happy to do the course, should I be accepted -- It actually does look like a pretty sweet course....

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to give decent treatment to geography in your PS. YOu can say you like globalisation issues and there you go --> you cover the pure economics and the geography+economics.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an A in A2 Maths? That's probably the biggest box you need to check.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.