Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where can I get a Sony X505? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I loved the look of this laptop when it first came out, but I was just a kid and didn't have a penny to my name. Now, rolling in the riches, I want to hunt it down and buy one. The thing is I can't seem to find it for sale, it's discontinued. Does anyone know where I could acquire discontinued products or specifically the Sony X505?

Picture: http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/i/z/rv/20...io-x505-i1.gif

ReputationRep:
    I think you will find it difficult to get hold of a X-505 as they were released in Dec 2003 and most lines have a product life of 12-18 months so that takes you to Dec 2004 - May 2005 (at the latest) now so its nearly a year after the latest of those dates its unlikely you will find one.

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Vaio-X505...QQcmdZViewItem

There might be your only hope?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it seems as though ebay is the only place I'm going to find one...Bloody Sony!! Why didn't they make it more affordable so more would be in circulation. *******S

ReputationRep:
    There are many other super slim laptops out there, why not have a look around and you might see something you like?

ReputationRep:
    I still dont think there are any that are as slim or light as the X-505.

ReputationRep:
    samsung came close, but not close enough.

ReputationRep:
    I remember that they used to sell them on www.dynamism.com, but I don't know if they do any more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.