Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I know this has probably been asked before but.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting 4 AS Levels this summer, 3 of which are at my school and on the AQA board. the other one I took at a college evening class and thats on OCR. I got my info through from the college today about the exams and i have a completely different candidate number and UCI number to the exams I've been entered for at my school.

Do you know if thats going to cause me any problems you know with cashing grades in. And if so what do I do :confused:

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't make a difference, I do two subjects at college and three at school and I'm not aware of there being any potential problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    It shouldn't make a difference, I do two subjects at college and three at school and I'm not aware of there being any potential problems.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paula)
    I'm sitting 4 AS Levels this summer, 3 of which are at my school and on the AQA board. the other one I took at a college evening class and thats on OCR. I got my info through from the college today about the exams and i have a completely different candidate number and UCI number to the exams I've been entered for at my school.

Do you know if thats going to cause me any problems you know with cashing grades in. And if so what do I do :confused:

Thanks guys
    You'll get separate certficates for the two UCI numbers. Make sure the A2 ones match accordingly to the AS ones, otherwise you won't be able to forward your AS marks onto A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    You'll get separate certficates for the two UCI numbers. Make sure the A2 ones match accordingly to the AS ones, otherwise you won't be able to forward your AS marks onto A2.
    Out of interest, what happens if you do an AS at one centre then your A2 somewhere else? I know this can be done, so there must be some way of getting around it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    Out of interest, what happens if you do an AS at one centre then your A2 somewhere else? I know this can be done, so there must be some way of getting around it.
    Well as long as you get entered with the same UCI number for both centres then it'll be fine. Your AS marks will be forwarded to your A2. The UCI number can be like a bank for example, as long as you use the same number you can access your UMS marks. If you use different UCI numbers for the same subject, then you're in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Well as long as you get entered with the same UCI number for both centres then it'll be fine. Your AS marks will be forwarded to your A2. The UCI number can be like a bank for example, as long as you use the same number you can access your UMS marks. If you use different UCI numbers for the same subject, then you're in trouble.
    :ditto:

Make sure you give your AS UCI Number when entering for your A2. This will allow your UMS marks from AS Level to be used to cash-in at A2

ReputationRep:
    But your UCI number contains your centre number and candidate number, so surely if you're at a different centre, you'll have a different UCI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Bex~)
    But your UCI number contains your centre number and candidate number, so surely if you're at a different centre, you'll have a different UCI?
    Not exactly. For private/external candidates I'm 100% certain you can use the same UCI. What is your position? If they're giving using another UCI number, then ask them to use your original one, therefore making you a private candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for Clearing that up!!

ReputationRep:
    Your UCI number is produced when you first register for a GCE exam. For most of you this will be your AS levels, but for some internationals (like me) this will be for your O'Levels.

Your UCI number contains your first centre number and candidate number. It also has the year you first registered for a GCE exam.

This should not change even if you change your centre. So when you're registering for other exams you must always use this number so that your units can be cashed-in properly. (You will however have different UCI numbers for different exam boards)

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.