Guy01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have AOL (I know it's crap) and I don't like starting up the main program so I use the AOL Dialler to connect to the Internet... now when I use AOL Dialler, the Internet is disconnected after 9 minutes of use and I have to load the main program everytime I want to use the Internet which takes up too much time

What can I do to fix this error - contacting AOL didn't help
PieMaster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you're on ADSL, buying a router is probably the best route to go down.
Guy01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am on ADSL. I don't know much about routers. If I use this, wouldn't I still need to connect to the Internet using the AOL software
markkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No you dont need to connect using the adsl software. You would put your details in the router and it would connect to AOL and then on your computer you would just open your browser.

I have never set up a router on AOL so it may be slightly different as they use their own software. Im sure someone here will have tried it though.
HighlyEvolved
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have AOL and use a netgear DG834G router. It was extremely easy to set up and ive had no problems with it or AOL since i bought it (a couple of years ago.)
PieMaster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All you have to do is create an account without paretal controls for the router, enter them into the router and set the MTU to 1400 and you're away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
9.24%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10.08%
No, but maybe I will look into it (29)
24.37%
No and I wouldn't consider it (67)
56.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed