Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cost of uni in London. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any idea of even rough figures of how much I'm likely to spend in a year in London all-inclusive? It's got to the point where sheer pragmatism and financial prudence might have to decide my uni choices.

What would the difference be from a place like Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    For an international student studying at LSE, expect to pay ~22k pounds/yr all inclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    For an international student studying at LSE, expect to pay ~22k pounds/yr all inclusive.
    British students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Could you show how you got 22k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Could you show how you got 22k?
    Sure.. give me a couple of minutes to dig it out. I posted it on another UoL Budget thread.

[edit]Here we go:

Yep.

Assume about 12k/yr for tuition fees (factoring in inflation during the 2nd and 3rd year).

And 500/mo for accommodation fees ~= 5k/yr (assume 10 months).

And 1k for a return trip back home yearly.

That's already 18k - now we're talking about spending 4k on entertainment and food (which shouldn't be TOO much considering we're already factoring in catered food as part of the accommodation fees). That works out to about 400/mo, and 100 quid per week. Isn't that plentiful?

100 quid/week will allow you to enjoy a decent life, buy necessities like stationery and books, etc. Sure you can't go shopping like the Queen every week, but it's good enough.
    You should also check out this thread which has covered the issue very well. [/edit]

ReputationRep:
    Working my way through that thread, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Aah yes, didn't see that you put 'international'!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.