OppressedMass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Has anyone any idea of even rough figures of how much I'm likely to spend in a year in London all-inclusive? It's got to the point where sheer pragmatism and financial prudence might have to decide my uni choices.

What would the difference be from a place like Warwick?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For an international student studying at LSE, expect to pay ~22k pounds/yr all inclusive.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knogle)
For an international student studying at LSE, expect to pay ~22k pounds/yr all inclusive.
British students?
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
Could you show how you got 22k?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by erk)
Could you show how you got 22k?
Sure.. give me a couple of minutes to dig it out. I posted it on another UoL Budget thread.

[edit]Here we go:

Yep.

Assume about 12k/yr for tuition fees (factoring in inflation during the 2nd and 3rd year).

And 500/mo for accommodation fees ~= 5k/yr (assume 10 months).

And 1k for a return trip back home yearly.

That's already 18k - now we're talking about spending 4k on entertainment and food (which shouldn't be TOO much considering we're already factoring in catered food as part of the accommodation fees). That works out to about 400/mo, and 100 quid per week. Isn't that plentiful?

100 quid/week will allow you to enjoy a decent life, buy necessities like stationery and books, etc. Sure you can't go shopping like the Queen every week, but it's good enough.
You should also check out this thread which has covered the issue very well. [/edit]
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Working my way through that thread, thanks.
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aah yes, didn't see that you put 'international'!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (47)
24.61%
No, but I have thought about it (51)
26.7%
No (93)
48.69%

Watched Threads