The Student Room Group

Social Work 2013

Who else is applying for Social Work in 2013? I am applying to Sheffield, Durham, York, Lancaster and Leicester, :tongue:. I'm applying for the masters btw.

Little bit nervous as the decisions about bursaries are still up in the air.

Would be great to hear from others applying too.

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
applying for the BA at Lancaster, Bath, York, Leeds and Keele.
Also nervous about the bursaries discussion as if i have worked it out correctly it will mean a lot more money if the bursaries arent there! especially seeing as many of the unis say its beneficial to have a car in your 3rd year :/
has anyone received their offers for interview yet for the BA?
Reply 2
I'm applying to Keele ,Kent, BCU and Portsmouth :smile: have any of you sent your applications off yet?, The BA course.

And also, this question is directed to the MA course applicant, do you have any advice on the BA course interview, anything their most likely to ask? (if your directly coming from a BA of Social work that is )

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
No I did not do a BA in Social Work. The MA is mainly for people who did an undergraduate degree in a different subject, for me it was sociology. Basically, both courses end with the same professional qualification, but the master is condensed into 2 years instead of 3. However, if you type into the search engine 'social work interview' there will be quite a few threads from previous years, with hints and tips.
Reply 4
Hi!!

I'm applying for SW BAs at Lancaster, Birmingham, Liverpool hope, UClan and edge hill. Already getting nervous about interviews as I'm terrible at them :biggrin:. Really looking forward to actually sending off my application. Still waiting on a reference from my old college. Has anyone been to any open days?

Bx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by paidakay
I'm applying to Keele ,Kent, BCU and Portsmouth :smile: have any of you sent your applications off yet?, The BA course.

And also, this question is directed to the MA course applicant, do you have any advice on the BA course interview, anything their most likely to ask? (if your directly coming from a BA of Social work that is )

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i

i sent my application off on 8th october for the BA
Reply 6
Original post by Becs1105
Hi!!

I'm applying for SW BAs at Lancaster, Birmingham, Liverpool hope, UClan and edge hill. Already getting nervous about interviews as I'm terrible at them :biggrin:. Really looking forward to actually sending off my application. Still waiting on a reference from my old college. Has anyone been to any open days?

Bx

yeah, i've been to all of my open days! out of the ones youre applying to i've seen lancaster (i'm applying there) and Edge Hill (my boyfriend's there)

lancaster's a really great university, definitely the top two out of the ones ive applied.
Edge Hill I've only seen parts of but it seems a really nice uni and my boyfriends really happy there if that helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by glmoody1
yeah, i've been to all of my open days! out of the ones youre applying to i've seen lancaster (i'm applying there) and Edge Hill (my boyfriend's there)

lancaster's a really great university, definitely the top two out of the ones ive applied.
Edge Hill I've only seen parts of but it seems a really nice uni and my boyfriends really happy there if that helps :smile:

Yeah I went to the Edge Hill open day the other week and really liked it. I'm actually from Ormskirk originally so know the town really well. Where else are you applying?

Reply 8
Yeah I went to the Edge Hill open day the other week and really liked it. I'm actually from Ormskirk originally so know the town really well. Where else are you applying?

see above :P bath, lancaster, york, leeds and keele. :smile: good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by glmoody1
see above :P bath, lancaster, york, leeds and keele. :smile: good luck with your application :smile:

Thanks you too!! Fingers crossed interviews aren't too stressful. :biggrin:

Hi everyone! New here but just thought I'd drop by and say which unis I have applied to. Cumbria will be my first choice, Teesside, Sunderland, Chester and Derby! Only just finished my application off so nothing as of yet. But good luck everyone! x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by MaplePancakes
Hi everyone! New here but just thought I'd drop by and say which unis I have applied to. Cumbria will be my first choice, Teesside, Sunderland, Chester and Derby! Only just sent my application off so nothing as of yet. But good luck everyone! x

Hi! I looked at Cumbria but wasn't sure whether to apply there or not. Have you been to an open day? I'm still waiting for a reference so hoping to send my application off soon. X

Hi! I looked at Cumbria but wasn't sure whether to apply there or not. Have you been to an open day? I'm still waiting for a reference so hoping to send my application off soon. X

Hey! Yeah I went to the open day and thought the course looked really good. The lecturers were lovely and I got a really nice vibe for it. I'm actually from Cumbria so that's a bonus for knowing my way around Carlisle but I thought the university was really nice! The lecturer for social work told me that the classes are fairly small and that you get to have a really nice bond with everyone - something that appealed to me. And I'm in the exact same situation at the moment, waiting for my reference to be done then sending it off! Good luck :smile: X
Reply 13
Good luck to you too! Yes my mum is from Ambleside so we often go up to the lakes. I might have another look at it. Sort of torn between there and UCLan. It's be nice to go to a place where you get to know everyone.

Good luck to you too! Yes my mum is from Ambleside so we often go up to the lakes. I might have another look at it. Sort of torn between there and UCLan. It's be nice to go to a place where you get to know everyone.

I was thinking of UCLan too but I think I prefer Cumbria, which is strange because I always thought that I'd wanna go somewhere completely different but I just loved the look of the university. Saying that, I haven't had a look around UCLan so not sure what its like. I'm just excited!
Reply 15
Original post by MaplePancakes
I was thinking of UCLan too but I think I prefer Cumbria, which is strange because I always thought that I'd wanna go somewhere completely different but I just loved the look of the university. Saying that, I haven't had a look around UCLan so not sure what its like. I'm just excited!

Yes I think it's more of a city uni and there are a lot more students which sort of outs me off. I'd like to be in the north west somewhere as I have a little boy and would like him to grow up near family. (I'm from Ormskirk in Lancashire). I know I'm excited too can't wait to get interviews out the way though haha. :biggrin:

Reply 16
Im applying for Social Work at Queens, University of Ulster, Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope :smile:
I have applied for social work at Strathclyde, Glasgow Cale, Edinburgh and Oxford Brookes :smile:
Reply 18
Have finally sent my application off!! So pleased it's all finished. Good luck everyone. X

Reply 19
Hey guys, I'm going to be applying to Lincoln, Hertfordshire, Derby, Bedford and Anglia Ruskin.. when my college finally decides to send the applications off! :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest