best way to revise A2 Psychology?!

Watch this thread
mattsmith95
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Been struggling with revision for Psychology A2, any tips or advice?
THANKYOU
gabbiehall
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
Hii, I'm doing A2 psychology aswell!

I've just being starting on small things like flash cards, then fact sheets and build the pile on the way. My preferred method is to start small then build up. Sometimes I'm rubbish with revision and willing to try different ways

Sorry I'm not a much of a help haha.
mattsmith95
Rep:
nice to hear that someone is going through the same feelings! What topic are you studying at the moment?
CarCrashHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi, I completed my Psychology A-level last year and got an A! There's SO much to revise, I know what you're going through! What exam board are you with?

I found the best way was knowing a few studies for each topic, as you ALWAYS need evidence! My room was full of sticky notes with different studies on them! Also, mind maps are great to do a summary of each topic, using highlighters to colour code what is used for AO1, AO2 and AO3, that way you know you have everything covered!

Good luck
mattsmith95
Rep:
Im with AQA! Yeh there is just so much! i started a mind map on gender like you suggested! Shall see how i get on, thankyou
Maicccccmannnn
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Hi,

I finished A level Psychology 3 years ago and got an A*.

My revision consisted of reading the textbook, summarising it and regurgitating what I had summarised.

Go back, check how much you remembered, repeat until you remember everything.

???

profit
TSR Lad
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mattsmith95)
Been struggling with revision for Psychology A2, any tips or advice?
THANKYOU
Im in year 13 now and studying A2 Psychology so I think I am in a good position to answer you. This is what I have been doing so far:

1) When studying a specific topic, I condense the AO1 material so that if I was asked to 'Outline the theory of ...' or 'Explain two ways in which ...' I would be able to gain all 8 marks for AO1
2) When studying a specific topic, I come up with 5-8 strong and detailed evaluation points which can help me to gain 2-3+ marks per point made
3) When studying a specific topic, I come up with at least 2 IDA points so that my essay fulfils AO3 criteria (this isnt necessary but you can gain AO2 marks too)

Good luck with revision.
victoriagrace
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
http://ocra2psychologyg543.blogspot....-for-g543.html

Here's some tips
Aneesah_May
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Maicccccmannnn)
Hi,

I finished A level Psychology 3 years ago and got an A*.

My revision consisted of reading the textbook, summarising it and regurgitating what I had summarised.

Go back, check how much you remembered, repeat until you remember everything.

???

profit
Do you have any a* examples. Our teacher seems to say that its one mark per research study
Jamie Leach EBA
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Could somebody please look at this question and tell me how many marks they think it would get- it's from OCR G543 June 2010. Thanks in advance!...........Describe one piece of research into how lies can bedetected when suspects are interviewed [10]
Mann et al’s field experiment that tested the ability of 99Kent police officers to distinguish between truth and lies during interviewswith suspects, can demonstrate how lies can be detected when suspects areinterviewed. The police officers wereasked to judge the truthfulness of suspects in video clips (showing the headand torso) and then answer a questionnaire into their experience in detectinglies, as well as listing any cues that they used to detect lies of the suspectsin the video clips, that varied in length.
Mann et al found that there was no significant differencebetween mean lie accuracy and mean truth accuracy, both levels of accuracy weresignificantly greater than chance (50%) and the most frequently detecting lyingcue was gaze, followed by movement, to name a few. Mann et al concluded thatthe level of accuracy exceeds that of other studies, the more experience anofficer has the better they are at lie detecting and police officers can detectlies above the level of chance.
In conclusion Mann et al’s field experiment can demonstratehow lies can be detected when suspects are interviewed, i.e. cues, such asgaze, may be interpreted by the individual conducting the interview.
ishee
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I feel like doing it Module by Module and in Psychology that would be approach by approach, I cannot emphasise this enough, HAVING TOO MANY REVISION SOURCES WASTES YOUR, you will jump from book to book and internet as well, website to website and YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR PROGRESS with time cause you connect resources. Do not get me wrong, not that you should not research or not use other books but listen, This is what I do- 1- Edexcel Big book first resource and this only helps me see my progress , what i have done and not and makes it easy because that is all and everything you need to know in it according to the specification -2- I use Get revising to get summaries of studies and this is only when I do not understand what is in the book which is rare or maybe just to understand it in a simpler way(but make sure to type in your exam board when you search resources) to avoid wasting time -3- use Psychology wizard (online) to get original videos of studies and bits of what i need to understand simpler and lastly -4- I use Physics and maths tutor for test papers. THAT IS IT FOR ME---------I have been doing great ever since I narrowed down my resources One book and three internet sources-I hope this helps and flashcards and mind maps are time wasters to me (I got a new book and jotted down bits i should remember and how I can remember them as I go , list down my Classic studies and little summaries in a book, go over it near exams cause flashcards might get lost and creating them is wasting timmmmmmmmmme. I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (34)
26.56%
As I expected (44)
34.38%
Harder (43)
33.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.47%

Watched Threads