Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'd find it really useful if everyone typed up notes for each topic if anyone wants to contribute. Plus post hard exam questions as well for people to try. Any queries about M4, post em here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm entered for the exam, but I've kind of given up on it as I really don't like mechanics or physics anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Weak.

ReputationRep:
    Weak.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmoose)
    What?
    You're weak for not liking physics or mechanics anymore.

ReputationRep:
    You're weak for not liking physics or mechanics anymore.
    Well maybe. I'd prefer to call myself lazy. It's more the teachers' lesson plans in Physics that have got to me, the content is ok, just done in such a dull fashion. Mechanics, yes that probably is weakness/laziness (I'd like to think I could do it if I exerted myself though). To be fair, there are a lot "weaker" Maths and Further Maths combos that I could be doing, but a fair few stronger ones also.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing M4 in June too... What do you guys find the hardest in M4? For me its probably relative motion and oblique impacts. Damped harmonic is pretty easy because its basically FP1! Kinematics and Stability are also pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys find the hardest in M4?
    Getting round to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssmoose)
    Getting round to it
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArVi)
    I'm doing M4 in June too... What do you guys find the hardest in M4? For me its probably relative motion and oblique impacts. Damped harmonic is pretty easy because its basically FP1! Kinematics and Stability are also pretty easy.
    oblique impacts are alright. I found interpreting forced oscillations quite hard but I think I've got the hang of it. The only thing I really need to practice on is relative motion. I've done most of the review exercise questions for these.

ReputationRep:
    Revision we still haven't even finished it!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started looking at past papers for this bugger.....bugger! Best start soon I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
    I haven't even started looking at past papers for this bugger.....bugger! Best start soon I guess
    Do the specimen. It's really easy in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished Collisions, having already done Harmonic Motion and the chapter on Kinematics. They were alright.

Looked at Statics. Seems to involve Geometry. Not good.

Relative Motion looked quite easy, if a bit boring, but everyone seems to be finding it hard. Not good.

Not got anywhere near past papers.

EDIT: See in the collisions chapter, for the questions which ask you to show e.g  v_1 = \frac{e^2 cos^2\alpha + 2sin^2(\frac{\beta}{2})}{e^3 + 2\alpha\beta} or something equally ridiculous, do you think its important that you always finish them? Because sometimes I'm sure I've got all the theory correct, I just can't be bothered manipulating it into the form they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-unit)
    I've just finished Collisions, having already done Harmonic Motion and the chapter on Kinematics. They were alright.

Looked at Statics. Seems to involve Geometry. Not good.

Relative Motion looked quite easy, if a bit boring, but everyone seems to be finding it hard. Not good.

Not got anywhere near past papers.

EDIT: See in the collisions chapter, for the questions which ask you to show e.g  v_1 = \frac{e^2 cos^2\alpha + 2sin^2(\frac{\beta}{2})}{e^3 + 2\alpha\beta} or something equally ridiculous, do you think its important that you always finish them? Because sometimes I'm sure I've got all the theory correct, I just can't be bothered manipulating it into the form they want.
    well in the exam i would because the mark scheme might only want that form and if you've got a crap examiner, he's just going to tick it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Man, relative motion. Seems like it should be easy!! Its jsut so hard to visualise. Most horrible chapter in my opinion as the mathematics is easy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.