Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Magazine watch

Announcements

Are there any law magazines you can subscribe to? I have had a look around but cant find any

ReputationRep:
    We have copies of the 'New Law Journal' which comes to our library which is quite useful '(www.new-law-journal.co.uk). There is also the Lawyer (www.thelawyer.com) - but I have no experience of it.

I have subscriptions to the Economist and TIME but I am glad you have posted this as I would be interested to hear what people recommend for a law magazine.

ReputationRep:
    Harvard Law Review. :p:

The only ones that I'm really aware of are the ones mentioned by Mike.

Almost any Law tutor will probably tell you just to read a good broadsheet newspaper (The Times, Telegraph, Guardian) and the Times Law supplement that I think comes out every Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    You can also sign up for myriad legal news alerts and articles from the lawsoc .... www.lawsoc.org.uk

ReputationRep:
    There's also Lawyer2B (I know, the most horrific title ever) which is the student/undergrad edition of The Lawyer. It's alright - I picked up a couple of editions at various uni open days and they were quite helpful. Had details on mini-pupillages, getting a vac scheme/work placement at magic circle law firms, lists of who to contact at various chambers/firms, lists of training salaries and qualifying salaries, etc. But I have no extensive knowledge of the magazine.

ReputationRep:
    I have subsriptions to Counsel magazine and The Barrister.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I thought Lawyer2B sucked!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about generally, but the copy I picked up was helpful. Might just have been that one though.

ReputationRep:
    Best to just wait until you get to university. In the meantime you can look up all the latest news on their websites: www.thelawyer.com, www.legalweek.co.uk, www.chambersandpartners.com

ReputationRep:
    this is a bit random.. but has anyone read the lincoln lawyer by Michael Connolly?

ReputationRep:
    www.out-law.com (you can subscribe to their magazine for free and they send a magazine three times a year. Particularly good if you like IT Law)
    www.lex100.com

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.