Purple
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Are there any law magazines you can subscribe to? I have had a look around but cant find any
m1kes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We have copies of the 'New Law Journal' which comes to our library which is quite useful '(www.new-law-journal.co.uk). There is also the Lawyer (www.thelawyer.com) - but I have no experience of it.

I have subscriptions to the Economist and TIME but I am glad you have posted this as I would be interested to hear what people recommend for a law magazine.
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Harvard Law Review. :p:

The only ones that I'm really aware of are the ones mentioned by Mike.

Almost any Law tutor will probably tell you just to read a good broadsheet newspaper (The Times, Telegraph, Guardian) and the Times Law supplement that I think comes out every Tuesday.
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can also sign up for myriad legal news alerts and articles from the lawsoc .... www.lawsoc.org.uk
pixikicks
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There's also Lawyer2B (I know, the most horrific title ever) which is the student/undergrad edition of The Lawyer. It's alright - I picked up a couple of editions at various uni open days and they were quite helpful. Had details on mini-pupillages, getting a vac scheme/work placement at magic circle law firms, lists of who to contact at various chambers/firms, lists of training salaries and qualifying salaries, etc. But I have no extensive knowledge of the magazine.
LuverlyLawyer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have subsriptions to Counsel magazine and The Barrister.
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Personally, I thought Lawyer2B sucked!
pixikicks
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure about generally, but the copy I picked up was helpful. Might just have been that one though.
digitalparadox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Best to just wait until you get to university. In the meantime you can look up all the latest news on their websites: www.thelawyer.com, www.legalweek.co.uk, www.chambersandpartners.com
pezz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
this is a bit random.. but has anyone read the lincoln lawyer by Michael Connolly?
digitalparadox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
www.out-law.com (you can subscribe to their magazine for free and they send a magazine three times a year. Particularly good if you like IT Law)
www.lex100.com
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (56)
46.28%
No (65)
53.72%

Watched Threads