what media player should i get? Watch

HighlyEvolved
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm just fed up with WMP and have decided i need a new one. I have about 18GB of music so i'd prefer one with a good library. I would use iTunes but i have so many WMAs i worked out it'd take 3 solid days for itunes to convert them all. It must support/be able to rip to mp3, wma, m4a and other formats would be nice too. Im not bothered about video playback. So, what do people recommend?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ed_m)
I'm just fed up with WMP and have decided i need a new one. I have about 18GB of music so i'd prefer one with a good library. I would use iTunes but i have so many WMAs i worked out it'd take 3 solid days for itunes to convert them all. It must support/be able to rip to mp3, wma, m4a and other formats would be nice too. Im not bothered about video playback. So, what do people recommend?
foobar2000 (http://www.foobar2000.org/) with some extensions sounds like it'll do the job. Very lightweight and versatile.
JayEm
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Go for Winamp v2.95, its better than the newer versions in my opinion. Takes less resources. But you'll have to install a plugin for WMA playback. Shouldn't be too hard to find, just google it.
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
just get winamp 5.

or musikcube.
Shéamais
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ed_m)
I converted about 20GB of AACs to Mp3 in 8 hours, so surely it won't take 3 days to convert less than 18GB.
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't transcode your music, you'll loose quality!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (79)
29.26%
1 (43)
15.93%
2 (41)
15.19%
3 (38)
14.07%
4 (18)
6.67%
5 (21)
7.78%