Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just fed up with WMP and have decided i need a new one. I have about 18GB of music so i'd prefer one with a good library. I would use iTunes but i have so many WMAs i worked out it'd take 3 solid days for itunes to convert them all. It must support/be able to rip to mp3, wma, m4a and other formats would be nice too. Im not bothered about video playback. So, what do people recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_m)
    I'm just fed up with WMP and have decided i need a new one. I have about 18GB of music so i'd prefer one with a good library. I would use iTunes but i have so many WMAs i worked out it'd take 3 solid days for itunes to convert them all. It must support/be able to rip to mp3, wma, m4a and other formats would be nice too. Im not bothered about video playback. So, what do people recommend?
    foobar2000 (http://www.foobar2000.org/) with some extensions sounds like it'll do the job. Very lightweight and versatile.

ReputationRep:
    Go for Winamp v2.95, its better than the newer versions in my opinion. Takes less resources. But you'll have to install a plugin for WMA playback. Shouldn't be too hard to find, just google it.

ReputationRep:
    just get winamp 5.

or musikcube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_m)
    I converted about 20GB of AACs to Mp3 in 8 hours, so surely it won't take 3 days to convert less than 18GB.

ReputationRep:
    Don't transcode your music, you'll loose quality!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.