Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do eyelashes grow back? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I had a minor accident today involving my eyelash curler, and I inadvertently cut off about 1cm of my lashes off! :eek: I'm now extremely freaked out. Do they grow back? And if they do, what can I do to speed up the growth?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

http://gaga.essortment.com/eyelashesgrow_oom.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its just like hair. They wont take long.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Someone I know cut hers off in about Year 7 (God knows why) but she literally cut them really really short and they grew back really long and thick. It did make me want to do it but I wasn't prepared to put up with stubby lashes for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    *relieved*

Thanks everyone... guess I'll have to put up with the short lashes for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    i slipped with an eyelash curler once-nearly yanked them out-ouch.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think i'd have bald eyes if they didn't as whenever I scratch my eyes eye lashes seem to fall out...

So yeah they do, don't worry I heard about some celebrity or someone who slipped, and cut all her eyelashes off with an eyelash curler by mistake, and they grew back

ReputationRep:
    I always accidentally pluck them out whilst picking mascara off.

ReputationRep:
    Remember if an eyelash falls out, you have to make a wish...

ReputationRep:
    yes i chopped my eyelashes off with an eyelash curler once n they have fully grown back! dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locutionatoress)
    Hi everyone,

I had a minor accident today involving my eyelash curler, and I inadvertently cut off about 1cm of my lashes off! :eek: I'm now extremely freaked out. Do they grow back? And if they do, what can I do to speed up the growth?!

omg how long are your lashes?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hralipour)
    hahahha mega longgggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    I always accidentally pluck them out whilst picking mascara off.
    I do this all the time! It's such a bad habit, I should use eye make up remover rather than picking it off and pulling out lashes with it! :p:

So glad to hear they grow back! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I pick out my eyelashes when I'm just being absent minded and thinking hard. not so good during revision and exam time.... ATM I have hardly any:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard that your surpost to trim your eyelashes anways if you want thick and long eyelashes .. maybe im just nieve in believing this lol but give it a try, just leave them and see what happens .. and let us knwo if this is true or not xx

ReputationRep:
    My advice is...dont use eyelash curlers Just invest a good mascara instead!!

ReputationRep:
    or use heated ones they dont damage as much ... or invest in an eyelash dye and perm much safer =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hralipour)
    Lol... average length I guess. Around 1.5/2 cm? I have very stumpy looking eyelashes at the mo'.

Yeah I've been complaining nonstop about them and I heard the myth that if you cut your eyelashes, they're meant to grow back fuller, longer, nicer etc. We'll see if that comes true. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    NO WORRIES! They do grow back! When I was 8 years old, I used to pull mine out. Its cause someone had told me, when an eyelash falls out, you should put it on your finger and blow it away and make a wish and the wish would come true.

So then I started yanking them all out to wish for so many things. Never got them, and ended up with bald eyes... they grew back eventually

Sarah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.