Do eyelashes grow back? Watch

locutionatoress
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi everyone,

I had a minor accident today involving my eyelash curler, and I inadvertently cut off about 1cm of my lashes off! :eek: I'm now extremely freaked out. Do they grow back? And if they do, what can I do to speed up the growth?!
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes!

http://gaga.essortment.com/eyelashesgrow_oom.htm
XxJaninexX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, its just like hair. They wont take long.
Pippi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes. Someone I know cut hers off in about Year 7 (God knows why) but she literally cut them really really short and they grew back really long and thick. It did make me want to do it but I wasn't prepared to put up with stubby lashes for a few weeks.
locutionatoress
Rep:
?
*relieved*

Thanks everyone... guess I'll have to put up with the short lashes for a few weeks.
sophieliz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i slipped with an eyelash curler once-nearly yanked them out-ouch.
Kittennffc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, I think i'd have bald eyes if they didn't as whenever I scratch my eyes eye lashes seem to fall out...

So yeah they do, don't worry I heard about some celebrity or someone who slipped, and cut all her eyelashes off with an eyelash curler by mistake, and they grew back
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I always accidentally pluck them out whilst picking mascara off.
Kittennffc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Remember if an eyelash falls out, you have to make a wish...
*asha*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes i chopped my eyelashes off with an eyelash curler once n they have fully grown back! dont worry!
Hana_1987
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by locutionatoress)
Hi everyone,

I had a minor accident today involving my eyelash curler, and I inadvertently cut off about 1cm of my lashes off! :eek: I'm now extremely freaked out. Do they grow back? And if they do, what can I do to speed up the growth?!

omg how long are your lashes?!
*asha*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hralipour)
hahahha mega longgggg
lovelee-jublee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Clarence)
I always accidentally pluck them out whilst picking mascara off.
I do this all the time! It's such a bad habit, I should use eye make up remover rather than picking it off and pulling out lashes with it! :p:

So glad to hear they grow back! :rolleyes:
bumblebee16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I pick out my eyelashes when I'm just being absent minded and thinking hard. not so good during revision and exam time.... ATM I have hardly any:eek:
tiamaria
Report 13 years ago
Ive heard that your surpost to trim your eyelashes anways if you want thick and long eyelashes .. maybe im just nieve in believing this lol but give it a try, just leave them and see what happens .. and let us knwo if this is true or not xx
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My advice is...dont use eyelash curlers Just invest a good mascara instead!!
tiamaria
Report 13 years ago
or use heated ones they dont damage as much ... or invest in an eyelash dye and perm much safer =]
locutionatoress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hralipour)
Lol... average length I guess. Around 1.5/2 cm? I have very stumpy looking eyelashes at the mo'.

Yeah I've been complaining nonstop about them and I heard the myth that if you cut your eyelashes, they're meant to grow back fuller, longer, nicer etc. We'll see if that comes true. :rolleyes:
hapa_girl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
NO WORRIES! They do grow back! When I was 8 years old, I used to pull mine out. Its cause someone had told me, when an eyelash falls out, you should put it on your finger and blow it away and make a wish and the wish would come true.

So then I started yanking them all out to wish for so many things. Never got them, and ended up with bald eyes... they grew back eventually

Sarah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (39)
48.15%
No (42)
51.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed