The Student Room Group

Did anyone go through clearing at Sussex?

Does anyone know if Sussex is lenient on grades?
If I had an offer for AAB but achieved ABB - will there be any hope?

Sorry I'm just worried already that I will have to go through clearing :colondollar:
I was keeping an eye on clearing for History and Psychology. I noted that by 24th August, the Psychology requirement was BBB (having started at AAB). For History, by the 23rd it was also down to BBB (from ABB). It seems to me that Sussex had a shortfall in those two subjects at least.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
I was keeping an eye on clearing for History and Psychology. I noted that by 24th August, the Psychology requirement was BBB (having started at AAB). For History, by the 23rd it was also down to BBB (from ABB). It seems to me that Sussex had a shortfall in those two subjects at least.

Thank you!! ^^
Reply 3
Original post by JuliaABlu
Does anyone know if Sussex is lenient on grades?
If I had an offer for AAB but achieved ABB - will there be any hope?

Sorry I'm just worried already that I will have to go through clearing :colondollar:

My best friend got into Sussex for English literature with ABB even though her offer was AAA and she didn't have to ring up or go through clearing they just accepted her on results day
Reply 4
Original post by aggie30
My best friend got into Sussex for English literature with ABB even though her offer was AAA and she didn't have to ring up or go through clearing they just accepted her on results day

Oh yeah apparently some universities may still give you an offer even if you didn't meet the entry requirements.
Do you know if that's only the case for those who put Sussex or any other uni as their firm choice because I'm thinking (if I even get an offer) of putting it as my insurance?
Reply 5
Original post by JuliaABlu
Oh yeah apparently some universities may still give you an offer even if you didn't meet the entry requirements.
Do you know if that's only the case for those who put Sussex or any other uni as their firm choice because I'm thinking (if I even get an offer) of putting it as my insurance?

I think they they only took her because she had them as her firm. How ever my other friend had kent as his insurance but missed offers for both his firm and insurance but after a phone call or two with the admissions for maths at kent they let him in anyway. But that was because his course was in clearing. I would like to point out that this years A level results were lower than usual so it is dependant on how your year do and who makes their offers. There is no guarantee. You should do fine if you are predicted AAB then it must be possible I went up a grade in 2 of my subjects in my A2 year due to more focus and doing a as retake in each subject.
Reply 6
Original post by aggie30
I think they they only took her because she had them as her firm. How ever my other friend had kent as his insurance but missed offers for both his firm and insurance but after a phone call or two with the admissions for maths at kent they let him in anyway. But that was because his course was in clearing. I would like to point out that this years A level results were lower than usual so it is dependant on how your year do and who makes their offers. There is no guarantee. You should do fine if you are predicted AAB then it must be possible I went up a grade in 2 of my subjects in my A2 year due to more focus and doing a as retake in each subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending