2 computers, 1 internet connection Watch

This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do you mean you installed a firewall? If a router is setup properly it should block any unwanted requests anyway. As when the user tries to hack into the computer they are hacking into a router and not a Windows operating system. A router is simply a computer that routes packets, in the case of type of routers discussed here internet packets.

Sorry for the geek talk, too much of trying to grasp object oriented programming for me tonight I think.
No we had a firewall but on the internet for broadband the company that we're with you have to type a password with the IP address and there were loads of attempts at trying to get in (to what I'm not sure...) it blocked them all but it kind of scared me... It was at stupid times in the middle of the night but they can't get onto the computers anyway because they were all asleep...
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do you mean you installed a firewall? If a router is setup properly it should block any unwanted requests anyway. As when the user tries to hack into the computer they are hacking into a router and not a Windows operating system. A router is simply a computer that routes packets, in the case of type of routers discussed here internet packets.

Sorry for the geek talk, too much of trying to grasp object oriented programming for me tonight I think.
thats alright, all programmers are geeks at heart, i know i am I was looking at thinkgeek.com the other day, you can buy i digital clock which displays the time in binary from there. lol
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
thats alright, all programmers are geeks at heart, i know i am I was looking at thinkgeek.com the other day, you can buy i digital clock which displays the time in binary from there. lol
That site has some cool t-shirts, lol.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.04%
No (510)
60.93%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed