Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to get a part time job, I am 15. I live close to major airport in UK and would like to work in either Boots or WH Smith or even possibly McDonalds at the airport.

I have written to WH Smith asking if they would allow me to apply at my age but I am unsure about Boots or McDonalds - what is minimum age you can work for them?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to be 16 to work legally, due to national insurance , go cut lawns or something

ReputationRep:
    its 13 for paper rounds!

ReputationRep:
    As has been said, you won't be able to work at Boots etc until you are 16. You need to be 16 to get a job in shops etc, you can do a paper round from 13. You can babysit etc as well, but to get a job in a shop will require your NI number, which you won't get until you are 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cathie86)
    As has been said, you won't be able to work at Boots etc until you are 16. You need to be 16 to get a job in shops etc, you can do a paper round from 13. You can babysit etc as well, but to get a job in a shop will require your NI number, which you won't get until you are 16.
    i worked in a shoe shop (Barratts) when i was 14, my friend worked in Clarks as well at the same age so it is possible to get shop work younger than 16

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.