The Student Room Group

got a job at royal mail for mail sorting christmas temp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
just applied :smile:
Reply 21
does anyone know when they finish interviewing people? i applied a few days ago and i still have 'application confirmed' written on my application...how long do you have to wait for a reply?
Any news for those who applied?
Reply 23
Original post by amel
does anyone know when they finish interviewing people? i applied a few days ago and i still have 'application confirmed' written on my application...how long do you have to wait for a reply?

I applied on Monday, and was offered an interview yesterday, which is booked for tomorrow.
Original post by askew116
I applied on Monday, and was offered an interview yesterday, which is booked for tomorrow.

Nice, I haven't heard anything yet :frown:
yh mine says processing securty checks
Original post by londonboy23
yh mine says processing securty checks

mine says application received ?
how long does it take for those of you who have heard something back? i submitted mine 2 weeks ago at the Romford branch and its still application received. My friend was offered a job there and he waited a month and a half for a response.
I applied a few weeks back, had telephone interview last week. The telephone interview wasn't really a interview.. It was just a quick call checking all my details were correct. Got the document check on Thursday. Looks good from what you guys have wrote. What did you wear for the 'face2face interview'?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Revengancex
I applied a few weeks back, had telephone interview last week. The telephone interview wasn't really a interview.. It was just a quick call checking all my details were correct. Got the document check on Thursday. Looks good from what you guys have wrote. What did you wear for the 'face2face interview'?

i came in casual was wearing jeans trainers the usual and was offered the job some people came formal lol
Reply 30
Original post by ednut
i came in casual was wearing jeans trainers the usual and was offered the job some people came formal lol

That's because they wanted to make an impression for the employer.
I went really formal and the other people were casual. Best to be over dressed than underdressed I guess. Got the job still :smile:

I wanna do morning shift how do I apply
Does anybody know when Xmas temps can expect to start this year for Royal mail?
Reply 34
Yo how do u apply bro
I want to do this job.
Reply 36
Original post by ednut
got a job at royal mail mount pleasant pheonix centre starting from 3 dec pay is £7.30 an hour im doing a night shift which pays better than day shift anyone else got a job here at this branch?

was told to come in for an interview and registration event there, there was no interview they just checked my forms told me what shift i wanted and i was off took like 10 mins and they offered me a job

Your pay is low ive also started just now for christmas night shift at greenford royal mail centre sorting stuff ang get £9.75 an hr on nights
Reply 37
Original post by AWAIS194
i got the job.. interview booked means ur pretty much guaranteed the job.. make sure you take photocopies!!! and get there nice and early !!! i was given a 14:00-22:00 shift so i'l be doing 40 hours a week meaning i miss about 18 hours of school in the 3 weeks.. but il be earning £850 so its worth it :biggrin: hopefully

Do you have to do 40 hours? I can only work 1 day lol?

Quick Reply

Latest