Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Analogue or digital?

ReputationRep:
    analog watches are better i reckon, i immediatly know the time when i look at an analog watch, but if i read a digital watch that says say "10:41" it takes me a sec to rrealise that that is 20 to 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    analog watches are better i reckon, i immediatly know the time when i look at an analog watch, but if i read a digital watch that says say "10:41" it takes me a sec to rrealise that that is 20 to 11
    That's strange, I'm the complete opposite. Except it normally takes me a good couple of minutes to work out what the time is on an analogue watch, by which point the time has changed anyway so I have to start all over again.

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I need to get a new watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thredders)
    Analogue or digital?
    digital watches are so tacky; i don't think i've ever seen a stylish one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    it takes me a good couple of minutes to work out what the time is on an analogue watch
    That's a long time

ReputationRep:
    why need a watch when you can ask other people :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You don't have a "both" category.

My watch has a digital display in the background which has the seconds, and it's got analogue to tell you the hours and minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You don't have a "both" category.

My watch has a digital display in the background which has the seconds, and it's got analogue to tell you the hours and minutes.
    stop boasting about your watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    stop boasting about your watch
    lol, but it's so nice. It's the best description to describe the mechanism. It also has two batteries; which means it weighs more than "standard" analogue watches.

ReputationRep:
    my friend has a digital and analog watch, it has a face with hands then below that a digital display, it's quite cool looking

I prefer analogue, look nice and like jewellry.. My brothers has a USB port on it and 32mb memory.... weird!

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid I got an analogue watch with a cat on it, and the second hand was a little mouse that went round and round seemingly by magic. It took me many months to realise it was actually painted onto a clear plastic disc that span round :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mxx)
    I prefer analogue, look nice and like jewellry.. My brothers has a USB port on it and 32mb memory.... weird!
    i prefer my grandfather clock

ReputationRep:
    i dont have a watch but use my phone. technically that's digital

ReputationRep:
    My watch is analogue, but I dropped it today and it stopped working. It only rattles when I shake it, i.e. something's fallen out or broken. How much does it take to repair a watch?

ReputationRep:
    it shouldnt cost that much around £10?

Depends on the damamge, if the watch isn't that valuable then they will sometimes tell you its better buying a new one than repair. Otherwise I guess its all down to the watch how much it will cost.

New batteries at my local watch gaff cost £7.50 though. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    digital watches are so tacky; i don't think i've ever seen a stylish one.
    Rubbish. My Omega Seamaster America's cup edition is as stylish as they come

ReputationRep:
    I dont think ive ever worn a watch... i dont know why im in this thread...hmm

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.