Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

18th party watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Really need help with what to do for my 18th? What did you do? Any ideas will be very apprecraited, thanks x
    xxxxx
    xxxx
    xxx
    xx
    x

ReputationRep:
    my friend's 21st is in july and we decided that rather than one huge party we would have a week of fabulous debauchery.

we're gonna alternate between going out (to clubs, cocktail bars, the theatre etc) with house parties and picnics in the park. the last night is gonna be a big meal and dancing.

this way, all her friends can make at least one of the nights to celebrate with her and her hardcore groupies (myself included) will be at everything.

ReputationRep:
    I hired out a hall and had family, friends and family friends there. Lots of cheesy music and drinking I had it smart dress too - any excuse to buy a nice dress!

It's all really about what you want. If you want to be centre of attention for the night then a party could be just the way to go. If you're more the type to go out on the town then why not get a big group together, get put on the guestlist of a local (or not local) nightclub. Turn up fashionably late, skip the queue and have a night out there.

For one of my mates 18ths, he's organised for us to be put on the guestlist for a big club in London and we're all chipping in to get a limo up there. 20 of us are going and it sounds like it's going to be a great night, even if it isn't til mid June :rolleyes:

If you're not the party type, you could always have a nice meal out with friends or do something during the day - theme park, for example?

If you do want to hire out a hall or something you'll have to start looking EARLY because so many refuse to cater for 18th parties as there are always underage people there and they don't want to risk their licence serving 17 year olds. It helps if you get a parent on board to do a bit of persuading!

Good luck anyway, let us know what you decide!

ReputationRep:
    i jus went out with a few close friends on a thursday night and went on a club crawl...so much fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    I kept mine kinda low key - I rented a restaurant in London and took 25 of my best friends up there for cocktails, good wine and good food. Was great actually!

ReputationRep:
    Im going out on the night of my 18th bday with all my friends from all different groups etc and theming it moulin rouge. just hit the town, pubs and then a club, cant wait. then im having a big family meal the next night so i can celebrate with all my family, then im going to paris for three days with two friends. i am very excited about it, just 2 weeks to go now

ReputationRep:
    went with all my friends to a spa for the day, and went out for a meal after, was seriously brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smessy)
    went with all my friends to a spa for the day, and went out for a meal after, was seriously brilliant!
    ohh sounds relaxin:p:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.