Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Gillete Mach3 Power razor watch

ReputationRep:
    I just bought it, it's absolutely amazing, definately would say buy it, closest shave ever, and is fast because you don't even need to go over it really.
    What's your preferred brand?

ReputationRep:
    Is this the battery powered one?

I use the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo and it's decent. Preferred the regular Gillette Mach 3 though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's got a AAA battery, I just saw it and thought that looks pretty cool. But it's actually really good.

ReputationRep:
    You can use the regular Gillette Mach 3 blades in the M3 power one, which will save money.

Any of the Mach 3, turbo, M3 power range from Gillette are pretty good I find. I've tried quite a lot of other razors and none of them are very effective, so I stick with Gillette because it does the job - although I'm not 100% sure whether the M3 power is REALLY an advancement considering it's a bit expensive.

You'll get probably about 10 clean shaves out of a Mach 3 blade. Because I'm a poor student I tend to shave every 3 days, and I let the blades go on for longer than I should do...when they've lost their cutting edge the Mach 3 blades still give a shave which looks ok and doesn't damage your skin but girls will notice it doesn't feel smooth close up.

If you want to stay really clean shaven then it can be done with Gillettes but it is quite a pricey habit.

ReputationRep:
    Is their any difference with the power blades and the standard Mach 3 Blades? well it was pretty good they had the nitro there but this power one was more expensive so i thought it'd be better so i bought it.

ReputationRep:
    I've not noticed a difference no, the power blades are more expensive so I expect they are slightly more advanced in some way, but the standard Mach 3 blades vibrate just the same on the M3 power and you get a close shave with them.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love my Mach 3 and Mach 3 Turbo. Shaving was so easy and comfortable.*Reminisces*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I used to love my Mach 3 and Mach 3 Turbo. Shaving was so easy and comfortable.*Reminisces*
    So what do you use now?

ReputationRep:
    I use a lawnmower blade... excellent at taking my stubble off... also excellent at taking big chunks of flesh from my face...

But tbh... Wilkinson Sword quattro... Does the job.

But still the lawnmower blade is best, ensures your hair is gone, and that you have no face to grow any more on...

ReputationRep:
    I use a Mach3 Turbo, it's fine so far. I saw the power one and they gave a demo in a supermarket and i was like, ok so it vibrates and all but while you're shaving? I thought that could be a bit dangerous with a reckless person! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    I use a Mach3 Turbo, it's fine so far. I saw the power one and they gave a demo in a supermarket and i was like, ok so it vibrates and all but while you're shaving? I thought that could be a bit dangerous with a reckless person! :p:
    I don't like the idea of bringing a machine with sharp blades so close to my face. Scary, ain't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    I don't like the idea of bringing a machine with sharp blades so close to my face. Scary, ain't it?
    Lol oh i dunno, i don't understand how some people cut themselves so badly. Perhaps it's from using a cheap razor and i once unknowingly even shaved over my chicken pox! :p: :p:

So i dunno, if you can control the machine, which i'm sure it can't be hard to do since its mass scaled then it'd be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I used to use a Mach 3 turbo but then I was bought this http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...ductid=1064065
    by my parents and I find it so much more convenient. I seem to have very tough hair on my face as after 2 shaves the blades were pretty much messed up and used to cut my face to pieces. This meant almost spending £5 a week on blades so buying this will probably work out cheaper in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markkey)
    I used to use a Mach 3 turbo but then I was bought this http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...ductid=1064065
    by my parents and I find it so much more convenient. I seem to have very tough hair on my face as after 2 shaves the blades were pretty much messed up and used to cut my face to pieces. This meant almost spending £5 a week on blades so buying this will probably work out cheaper in the long run.
    I've tried that, but it doensn't seem to work? Nothing happens when I put it on my face.. I think. It was quite a while back. :p:

Maybe I just didn't dare to push that machine into my face hard enough, heh.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have to push it onto my face busically just softly rub it across my face in circles both clockwise and anticlockwise then up-down then across. Finds it gives a very close cut - much closer than I was expecting anyway - not quite as close as a wet shave but not long enough that you notice it. I have found that it cuts much better when on sensitive than normal even though I dont have sensitive skin.

ReputationRep:
    Forget the Mach3, get a Gillette Fusion. Bought one of these in Canada, and it's amazing. It's got 5 blades plus a single blade beard trimmer on the back.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I love the NEW Gilllete one, the 6 blade fusion (5 to shave 1 for sideburns) AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard about that one Starsurfer. Care to post a link?

ReputationRep:
    I used to have one of those 4 blade wilkinson sword jobbies it was really good, but I lost it when I went on holiday so I bought a mach 3 which is fine. tbh, I'm not the hairiest guy in the world I can't really tell the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Knogle, you can only get them in North America at the minute. Got mine on holiday in Canada.

http://www.gillette.com/homepage.asp

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.