Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received a letter from Manchester confirming they've received your accomodation application?

ReputationRep:
    i applied quite a while back and i still haven't heard anything from them... just take it easy, im sure they got it, phone them up with your application number and ask them if needs be.

take it eazi and keep it real

mr michael corleone (its strictly business)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godfather)
    i applied quite a while back and i still haven't heard anything from them... just take it easy, im sure they got it, phone them up with your application number and ask them if needs be.

take it eazi and keep it real

mr michael corleone (its strictly business)
    Perhaps they don't like the sound of you.

ReputationRep:
    I applied about a month ago and I haven't heard anything. My insurance got back to me within abiout a week so that is a bit worrying. Maybe they didn't like the sound of me either?

ReputationRep:
    oh shi.t, are we meant to apply to our insurance as well?!
    What if we dont need accomodation there? Coz my insurance is sheffield but i've got a house there, so how does that work out?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, don't bother apply for accommodation at Sheffield if you already already accommodation there sorted. Secondly if you do apply then they will not give out places to people who aren't going there so if you end up going to Manchester then Sheffield will disregard your application and give your room to someone else (assuming that they even start allocating rooms before resutls day)

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my accommodation application about a month ago. If quite a few of us haven't heard anything yet there's probably no problem, they just haven't allocated it yet.

ReputationRep:
    exactly i cant believe this post is still goin on.. dont worry bout it no ones heard anything.....

SOPT WORRYING!! TAKE IT EAZI AND KEEP IT REAL

Mr michael corleone (its strictly business)

ReputationRep:
    I think somewhere in the booklet they said they don't allocate all the new people til they've got everyones A-level results so they know if youre deffinitely coming or not, the unis find them out about a week before we do i think and thats when they start allocating. Once thats done thats when you get a confimation of where you'll be living. I've also read that its not unheard of to recieve your accommodation confirmation before results day (seeing as they will allocate some peoples' in that week before results day) so you might know you've got the grades you need and youre going to manc even before you even know your actual results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    Firstly, don't bother apply for accommodation at Sheffield if you already already accommodation there sorted. Secondly if you do apply then they will not give out places to people who aren't going there so if you end up going to Manchester then Sheffield will disregard your application and give your room to someone else (assuming that they even start allocating rooms before resutls day)

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippin)
    I think somewhere in the booklet they said they don't allocate all the new people til they've got everyones A-level results so they know if youre deffinitely coming or not, the unis find them out about a week before we do i think and thats when they start allocating. Once thats done thats when you get a confimation of where you'll be living. I've also read that its not unheard of to recieve your accommodation confirmation before results day (seeing as they will allocate some peoples' in that week before results day) so you might know you've got the grades you need and youre going to manc even before you even know your actual results!
    Apart from people with unconditional offers (i.e me) who find out by the 31st of July where they'll be living.

ReputationRep:
    I know which room I've got already, I sent the £150 cheque deposit off over a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    When i said new people i meant people that arent already at the uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_raw9787)
    Apart from people with unconditional offers (i.e me) who find out by the 31st of July where they'll be living.
    Ooh, really? Thanks for that, I didn't know - roll on the end of July then, I'm dying to know where they'll put me!

ReputationRep:
    oh, good.. i've got my grades already, so i'll get to know by 31st of july too, right? i haven't heard anything yet, either but i sent my abitur certficate off at the same time as applying to accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LorenRB87)
    oh, good.. i've got my grades already, so i'll get to know by 31st of july too, right? i haven't heard anything yet, either but i sent my abitur certficate off at the same time as applying to accommodation.
    Where in Germany are you from? I used to live there as well. Are you British or German? Oh and, yes, you should get to know your grades then too I think!

ReputationRep:
    i applied online, did any one else?

i didnt get a confirmation email or anything so im not really sure if its gone through?? its a bit weird.

and i havnt put manchester down as my firm yet, though i will soon. on the application i wrote manchester was my firm.

so did anyone else apply online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_raw9787)
    Where in Germany are you from? I used to live there as well. Are you British or German? Oh and, yes, you should get to know your grades then too I think!
    I meant i'd get to know where they're putting me i.e. in which hall
    I'm british, but been living in germany for the last 16 years, near heidelberg

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I meant too, don't know why the hell I was talking about your grades! :confused: My frazzled mind must've been elsewhere.
    I used to live in Immenstad. What are you hoping to study at Manchester and what halls do you hope to be in?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As someone said above, you won't get confirmation until they allocate the room - for me, this turned up on results day, since I'd had a conditional offer

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.