Eyeball
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi,I'm looking for a 2nd hand laptop, but have NO idea which make to go for!? Also what do I have to look for re specs, I just need it to take to Uni, use in library etc for assignments/projects etc, not really heavy technical stuff. I just dont want to buy 2nd hand and buy crap if you know what I mean..I dont want to pay more than 400, and will also look on ebay. Please help and tell me which specs and brands/makes to look for?
thanks a lot!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Be careful with second hand laptops, there is a lot to go wrong, I would not anymore than £200 for one and for that I would expect a Pentium III with a DVD drive.

For £350 you can get a brand new Dell, I would personaly do that, they are not state of the art but they are great value and will run most modern programs well, just don't expect to play Doom 3 on it.
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Speaking of second hand laptops, I got a faulty Toshiba Portege P2000 off ebay for only £70, this baby is worth over £250. It is one of the thinnest and lightest laptops! The only thing wrong with it is the lan port doesn't work, but he supplied me with a lan card, so no problem there. I'm actually so proud of my purchase , I think this is the best purchase I have ever made in my 4 years of ebaying.
Eyeball
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
what doyou think about the cheapest new ones from ACER? and also advent? -sale at currys for 399 ADVENT 7086 Laptop?
Owly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi,

I've posted on another thread a while ago about second-hand laptops. I got a Dell Latitude from Val-U Computers for around £300 and it's still ok so far. The keyboard is creaky, but other than that, it's ok.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (62)
27.07%
1 (36)
15.72%
2 (40)
17.47%
3 (31)
13.54%
4 (16)
6.99%
5 (19)
8.3%