Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guilt watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel really really guilty when going out.

Every single time any of my friends call to go out somewhere, i get the same guilt trip thing every time. I almost feel like i'm going to fail my AS's if i go out, even though i end up going anyway.
    Gahh it's just stupid, surely going out wont make the slightest bit of difference? Are you going out, or have you inflicted a ban apon yourself? Unforntuatly none of my friends really understand and aren't even planning to go to uni, so arent really too bothered about our upcoming exams.

Argh i feel so bad, to go or not to go, that is the question?

ReputationRep:
    Go! Obviously you can't afford to go out every day and night now that you have exams coming up, but equally you can't spend every waking moment revising. You just need to strike a balance. If one of your friends phones you up and asks you to do something, do it, just make sure you leave yourself enough time to work as well. Going out sometimes will make you more relaxed and take away some of the stress, which is important because it means that when you do revise, you're likely to concentrate better and take more in.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this too. Go out once in a while, but don't make it too often. I went to the forests today, but felt a bit guilty, but it does make you more refreshed than if you stay at home all day. You don't need to spend so long on working otherwise your brain will feel just clogged up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I always feel guilty, even when it's not exam time. I really hate that aspect of my personality. But Kelly's right, you should go out with your friends sometimes. You'd think that you won't enjoy it, but once you're there you'd usually find that it's refreshing, and can increase your motivation when you come back. That said, don't go out too much - if you sacrifice the time between now and exams, you have all summer to go out as often as you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Go! Obviously you can't afford to go out every day and night now that you have exams coming up, but equally you can't spend every waking moment revising. You just need to strike a balance. If one of your friends phones you up and asks you to do something, do it, just make sure you leave yourself enough time to work as well. Going out sometimes will make you more relaxed and take away some of the stress, which is important because it means that when you do revise, you're likely to concentrate better and take more in.
    I agree!

I mean studying for weeks on end without going out, gets boring. From what I've learnt that you should study about 5-6 days a week and keep one day where you just go out and do other things then study. If you do not do this, you will eventually get tired of revising. However, before I get flamed by the studyholics, I do know a few people who worked 3 months on end without going out, 7 days a weeks, for about 6 hours/day.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I understand...I do feel guilty about it sometimes but working for hours on end, every day of the week can get tiring/boring. Once your out and enjoying yourself...that's the best release.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm not feeling guilty going out at the moment (well apart from all the $$$ I've spent on alcohol and other crap this holiday, but I mean not from a work perspective), its the Easter holiday, still over a month till first exam, may as well enjoy myself, heaven knows I'll be in for a crap enough time in a month or so. Come on people, enjoy your freedom while it lasts!

ReputationRep:
    Ok the scary thing is, i DONT feel guilty which is really worrying cos then I have no kind of grasp on my exams, so far this Easter I've been going out and done no revision or work, but I've suddenly realised that exams start in 4 weeks and i know nothing. It's really worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I feel guilty when I sit here posting on :tsr2: instead of doing art work. God I am going to fail unless I get my act together.

ReputationRep:
    I went out anyway, and do feel bad even though i had a really good night because i've been in bed/doing nothing all day with a hangover. I think i'm going to restrict going out to small things only, no clubs/bars/pubs e.i. no alcohol. Still i feel tired the next day and can't work. Damn, i think my social life is going on hold, we've only got 4 weeks *wets oneself*

Love overrules guilt - I just went away for 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I have put a stop on me going on big alcohol fuelled nights out until after the exams- mainly because it will feel more of a treat when i finally can and i want to concentrate on revision! However, i still plan to have some leisure time, but i have decided that this will mainly be spent doing sports! I want to keep fit and healthy to try and help me work/ study better! Try doing more work in free periods at college maybe? i know i totally waste my time during college, so from now on free periods will be study time!

Lou
    xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.