Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What d'yall think about this dress? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this outfit for the prom?? Im not sure if its too casual. Please help me decide :confused:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Not too casual at all...its very sexy chic....lots of guys will love it...and quite a few girls wore dresses like it at my college last year

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty hot and no way is it too casual for a prom! dresses dont have to be floor length to be formal!

ReputationRep:
    Thats lovely Different enough that no one else will have it, but not too out there so it will suit the occasion perfectly!

Teamed with the right shoes, bag and accessorises, it will look gorgeous Make sure you post pictures!

ReputationRep:
    Not too casual at all, I love it!

ReputationRep:
    If thats casual i want to know what your interpretation of dressy is! It's really pretty, i would definately go with it!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, and its not too expensive either...im falling in love with it lol. Could also wear the top bit again. Good point bout shoes and accessories...i love shopping for them! Just need some money now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_giggles)
    What do you think about this outfit for the prom?? Im not sure if its too casual. Please help me decide :confused:

Awww! You know, what, that's what I always thought a prom dress should look like like style and length wise. Not just those floor-length plain classic satiny gowns. I think you have it spot on!

Go for it, yu'll look stunning!

ReputationRep:
    That's from Next yeah? I think it's cute and deffo not too casual. I'm thinking I'm gonna get a vintage dress this year, or maybe a skirt and a top because the dresses I've seen are all £300+ and despite saying I'll wear it again (I said that about my lass prom dress) I know I won't.

ReputationRep:
    It's lovely! The model looks like the runner up, Nik, from Season 5 of America's next top model.

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Cute! I got a below the knee dress for my prom too

ReputationRep:
    My dress is really casual but Im really short on money and it was only £16. It's really flattering and I'd know I'd wear it again!
    That dress is beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    i like it and i dont like dresses...well i do sometimes but that rare

ReputationRep:
    It's really pretty - from Next, right? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, yes, it's lovely, looks very Dior infact! Definitely not too casual

ReputationRep:
    that dress is so pretty!you should wear it to your prom,you'll look great!

ReputationRep:
    i like

ReputationRep:
    gorgeous

So... is that two pieces? I love it/them. There have been so many threads on pretty prom dresses recently... I'm jealous. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ha, that isn't casual ... I'm contemplating wearing a short (as in, above the knees) jersey dress to prom. It might be too casual, but I don't really care, it's cheap and I can accessorize it up anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.